Please Say No To Drugs! | Teen Ink

Please Say No To Drugs!

By CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina
CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina

"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

a.singlenote SILVER, Little, Colorado

The truest beauty in the world is exsquisite and makes your heart ache with something that you can't name.

Thumbs up dude!

a.singlenote SILVER, Little, Colorado

Thank you!!! Our economy would be doing SO well if weed were legal. Plus, it would be more expensive, which would make it harder for teens to smoke (which would suck) but it would put a lot of people's whining to rest.

a.singlenote SILVER, Little, Colorado

Haha drugs are only bad if you're doing the wrong ones, with the wrong people, at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons. There are plenty of times it's perfectly fine, even better than, say legal drugs like Oxycontin, or even alcohol.

When you say don't do drugs, you should specify which ones, and why, and back it with scientific knowledge. Because there are reasons to not take drugs, and reasons to take them.... It's all very personal.

Cali_MarDolce BRONZE, Hawthorne, California

"imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring! " - Marilyn Monroe<3

all i got to say is that drugs are degrading and eating up people very quickly just because they think thats a tactic to take them off their misery...they are wrong!

teenpoet8 said...
aaaw y0u all rock

Sis94 BRONZE said...
Sis94 BRONZE, Dongola, Illinois

it's my life i choose to do what ever i do in it

ya people are going to mess up in one way or another just be a leader and not a follower.Because when you have kids and they find out about they are going to think (well mom and dad did why can't i. they will think.) so don't follow people let people follow you be the leader

YOU ARE RIGHT CUZ ITS UR CHOICE BUT U R GOING 2 MESS UP UR LIFE AND CREATE A BAD INFLUENCE TO EVERY1

i love dcs said...
i am also going to be clean for life and i dont know why they even made drugs or alcohol.

MirandaNicole SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

"'Sal, we gotta go.' 'Where to, man?' 'I don't know but we gotta go!'" -On the Road, Jack Kerouac

I have this weird ambivalence towards this subject. In a way, I don't even care anymore.

Isn't that sad?

I suppose it has to do with the people I hang out with, the authors I read, the things I've witnessed, the heart I've put into someone's recovery and subsequent relapse. 

I feel terrible about my lack of interest, which is probably why I took the time to comment, but...

Yes! That is exactly what I thought. This needs evidence to back up all the claims. Most of us agree with you; you just need inform us with more than your ideas.

SemiVeggie SILVER, Bellevue, Washington
I totally agree -- I plan to be clean for life -- but a lot of the drugs people take aren't illegal ones. Ever heard of Ritalin? Adderall? Those can both get you high, but they're frequently prescribed to little kids. Every time you take antibiotics or painkillers you're taking a drug. Hate to break it to you, but even Tylenol is a drug -- it's just a very safe one.

you   are   right    but     kids     wouldnt    do   that  unless    they  see     body do that   some  one   around    them

love09 said...
i agree to the fullest on this us as teenagers get so addicted to the littlest things, and then we end up getting addicted, which for us is smoking. so once we see our friends doing it we then end up trying it and getting addicted, it like a sick sick drug that you cant run away from.

Don Draper said...
Doing drugs isn't cool. Remember just because a majority of people do something doesn't always make it write. Don't forget that a majority of the American people once supported slavery. Remember you are who you chose to be.

Hugh_Jass said...
Hugh_Jass, New Orleans, Louisiana

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I just want to say this, if you do drugs once, it is probably not going to mess you up. What people are telling kids is that some horrible thing is going to happen when you do drugs. So when kids try it and nothing bad happens, they think that drugs can't hurt them. I think we should just be truthful about the whole matter. Rather than tainting kids thoughts with lies.

Mia_Stinetuck PLATINUM, Covina, California

"I use to get high on life, til I found it was cut with morons"

Its a biased source dude, ever hear of a smear campaign?

"Our national drug is alcohol. We tend to regard anything less with a special kind of horror" ~ William S. Burroughs

You have no idea how different the world would be if no one ever smoked pot, opium, drank cocaine or dropped acid and blew thier mind with shrooms do you? At least no more then our free media and libreal education declares.

And I hate to break it too you, but we are a druggie society. "Pharmaceutical companies will soon rule the world if we keep letting them believe we are a happy, functional society so long as all the women are on Prozac, all children on Ritalin, and all men on Viagra."  ~Terri Guillemets

Which would you like? A world in which people are doped up and made to work on pills that they think they need or one in which those that can handle substnace can choose for themselves? I'm not going to push a view -though its not hard to see where my beliefs lie- other then ignorance is remarkably unattrative. Dont regretitate whats been told to you, educate yourself and form your own opinion.

Hailezzluvturtles BRONZE, Spring Valley, New York

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover.

agreed. well said.

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover.

statitistics, bleh. this article is from the heart. kids wont listen to anything even if you shoved up  their nose. seriously. you just have to show them you care.

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover.

i think you should just stay away from drugs in general. there is a reason why theyre pretty hard to come by. besides, it only numbs pain and makes you lonely.