legalize marijuana today | Teen Ink

legalize marijuana today

By daniel420 BRONZE, Anson, Maine
daniel420 BRONZE, Anson, Maine

I think we should legalize marijuana because everyone smokes it and everyone is going to jail for it. Look on youtube you can see bunch of people smoking marijuana so legalize marijuana today.

legalize marijuana

1COR13 PLATINUM, Anchor Point, Alaska

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimmi Hendrix

I think that you both made very good points. Pot does not turn you in to a complete dimbo as does alchohol. Not many people become violent and abusive while high yet most drunks do.

NaCheezIt SILVER, Missouri City, Texas
I agree with RobbieRockstar. You need to have a better basis for your opinion. Yes, Marijuana should be legalized, but not because "everyone does it." It's not meant to be a bandwagon thing.

I believe that it should be legal because pot does not harm you in the long run and because it is one of the least addicting drugs available. (Tobacco included)

Another thing, weed is a gateway drug. If it were legal and taxed, the government could make a profit, as well as prevent people from starting on more hardcore drugs like crack and heroin.

-My Two Cents Worth

-NaCheezIt

express&inspire GOLD, Toronto, Other

never forget and always forgive, and i hope in your life you\'ve learned how to live

agreeeeeeed

I appreciate you trying to get pot legalized, but you need to do it in a more intelligent way not everyone smokes weed. Alot of people do but not everyone. From my point of view people see pot as a terrible thing buts its really not. Its a plant its not like you gotta cook it or add stuff to it. Personally i'd rather smoke a blunt then drink a beer. Weed has an affect on your brain cells, but its a short term affect. If anything legallize pot and make alcohol illegal. When your high you actually know what your doing, but when your drunk you do terrible things that you wouldnt do if you were sober. If anyone agrees with my post leave some comments.

-RobbieRockstar