If Everyone's Doing It, Why Do I Have To? | Teen Ink

If Everyone's Doing It, Why Do I Have To?

August 15, 2010
By TaRyN24 SILVER, West Palm, Florida
TaRyN24 SILVER, West Palm, Florida
9 articles 3 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love starts with a smile. Grows deeper with a kiss. And ends with tears.


The title says alot. Isn't that what you've heard? "C'mon just do it...Everyone else is!" Here's my point of view on the topic of drugs, alcohol, and smoking. I know that many teens and adults use illegal substances, drink, and smoke. But I don't want to be one of those people. I've thought about my future and doing stuff like that is NOT apart of it. If you try drugs, there's a chance you'll get addicted. If you have one drink, there's a chance you might have more. If you smoke, there's a chance you'll never stop. But if you don't, there's a huge chance your life will be worth while. I know people who smoke and drink and do drugs. They do horrible in school, they don't even think about their future or how they want to live there life. Now call me crazy but I'm not like that. If everyone's starting to do those things then I'll just hangout with the "no ones" haha There is not a normal public school in the world where every single person in that school does those types of activities. There's not. I will surround myself with people who take care of themselves and are somewhat like me. Some people cave into peer pressure. But that won't be me. I would rather walk away and get mad fun of then to ruin my life. But that's just me.