The Nightmare in Your Home | Teen Ink

The Nightmare in Your Home

By KaelaT SILVER, Freehold, New Jersey
KaelaT SILVER, Freehold, New Jersey

“There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.”

For the first time you held your baby. You watch your little boy grow up and keep an eye on him as he goes through Thomas the Train and Barney. You dropped him off off for his first day of preschool, relieved that you finally got him out of your hair. You watched your baby as he finally got the nerve to ask a girl out, and try out for the travel team. What if it was all gone? What would happen if that little boy you held for the first time grew up and used drugs? It would feel as if your heart itself was on drugs; cloudy and not sure what is going on.

That baby is yours. How do you help him? What can you do to save him from ruining his future? The answer is simple. Routine drug testing. Once they find out if he/she does drugs, help will be offered. Then there will be one less person in the world about to ruin their future and college chances.

Here is the truth. Some people might be upset. They will say stuff like, “it is an invasion of privacy!” or “It is a million in one chance!” You have to be willing to overlook that. Honestly, it is two minutes and everyone has to do it. No one would even know if you were using. Besides, the people who are on drugs are growing by the minute. You know that old saying, “Monkey see, Monkey do?” Well, what if we could get all those people who use drugs out of the equation? All your child would see is good behavior, and poof! He will be that little boy you loved and cared for. If we could put everyone back that way, there would be no one that has to use to feel cool anymore because not using drugs is not cool!

I know this can help a lot of kids. Children would be able to go to school and not be worried about being offered drugs. With this routine drug testing, that little boy would never be yours. Your little boy would be back in your arms. Exactly where he belongs.

I hope the reader could understand feelings that some kids go through. Like the feeling of of being offered drugs. This is a problem needing to be resolved.