Drugs are never right! | Teen Ink

Drugs are never right!

By Breanna Brecks BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
Breanna Brecks BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

In society we face a number of problems. We face many different problems from ocean to ocean, but the problem that causes the most problems these days are drugs. With drugs come many different problems. Drugs cause bad decision making, committing crime, and gets people very addicted to bad habits.
Drugs in the present day are causing people to make bad choices and bad decisions. Drugs aren’t necessarily making people do things that aren’t right, but make it so that people don’t think straight. When people don’t think straight they tend to make wrong choices. When people make wrong choices it usually puts people around them in danger, which isn’t good to have citizens endanger ever.
People go simply crazy is awful and sometimes drugs are the reason for going crazy. If you have ever seen the show Cops or anything like that most of the shows are filled with people going crazy and committing crimes. That leads into my next subject, committing crime because drugs. A lot of crimes like robbing, GTA, murder, Suicide, Homicide, DUI, etc., all are horrible things people do while on drugs. If the world was to crack down on drugs there would be a lot less crime and murders. Less crime and so on the world would be a way better place.
Bad habits are the worst thing about drugs. Common bad habits of drugs are skipping school, skipping work, and not paying bills, are just a few common habits caused by drugs. First off skipping school will get you no where, because when you skip a lot school you will get kicked out. Once you’re kicked out you have a slim chance of getting to college. Once college is ruled out then you have a very shy chance of getting a good paying job. Second off skipping work is just going to get you fired and that will look bad on your record if you ever go to get another job. Also then you wouldn’t be able to afford rent, insurance, bills, groceries, the drug itself, and whatever has to be paid. Once that happens you would lose everything that you were paying and paying off.
Imagine a world where there are no drugs what so ever. We wouldn’t have to fear as much about crime. No more worrying about what you chose to try because it wouldn’t drugs in it. No more worries about what kids are doing when parents don’t know where they are. The world would be a better place less crime, less bad decision making, less addicted people, and less whackos in our society. Our world would be drug free! Wouldn’t that be great?

Jazzy said...
Jazzy, Stickney, Illinois

Running will get you no were so don\'t hide from it.

listen no matter what you say illegal drugs are bad.No matter how kind that person is they are doing something bad.theres nothing in this world that makes what they do legal.So don't give me this crap about wanting drugs legalized.Don't give me this crap about gangs selling drugs. if they want to get in trouble if they want to make fools of them selves let them.Just don't give me this crap about wanting drugs legalized.

Jazzy said...
Jazzy, Stickney, Illinois

I think this article really tells the truth it really speaks to me.I haven't personally done drugs but I know people who have.I want to be able to help those people who use drugs and alcohol.I want to form a group that goes around helping teens with these problems.Then maybe then we can go to adults.If you Know anywhere where I can start my own group please look me up.If you want to form a group with me lets do it.I live in illinois,you can be from all over the world for all I care.But it will be easier to get together if you live in illinois.So please help me help others.Its hard to do it myself.So remember if you know anybody I can talk to please look me up.

iron&wine18 said...
iron&wine18, Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Okay, I'm not saying that drugs are some fantastic thing to happen to this world. But I have to ask, how many of you have actually sat down and done some serious drugs?

Drugs don't make people dangerous, people make themselves dangerous when they choose certain lifestyles, like joining a gang. But here's the truth, I've smoked mary jane, taken E, dropped some tabs, and ate some shroomies. Guess what? I've never physically hurt anyone because of these things, and no one has ever hurt me. And I have alot of friends that deal with the same drugs, and have never dealt with violence.

The worst that has happened to one of my friends was them being robbed when they were trying to sell pot. And why is that? Because of a gang. And why are gang-bangers dealing marijuana? which is barely a drug, but just an herb? Oh that's right, because it's illegal and something they can make profit off of. And if it wasn't illegal, we'd be fine.

Next time you want to rag on drugs, drug use, and all that lovely mess, why don't you go to a hippie fest? Look around and see what's really out there. I've been to several, and the people there are so genuine, and kind, it's an indescribable place of peace, harmony, and music. Drugs are not the worst thing in the world, money is.

Knile97 said...
Wow! I didn't think this many people have the same ideas that I have about drugs and alcohol!

Mco867 said...
personally i think if certain drugs (such as marijuana) should be legalised (with an age limit and restrictions). Im from a town where drug use and dealing is a major problem, if it was legalised fewer gangs would be dealing it and violence would decrease. I have seen people on marijuana and they are not what you would call upstanding citezens but they are not dangerous. What is dangerous is the dealings that go on due to its illegallity. The government wastes time and money on cracking down on drug abusers which in reality only makes the problem much worse. Im not saying legalise serious drugs but marijuana will not be the downfall of america

jenny said...
Drugs abuse is growing problem, even now prescription and over the counter drug abuse among teens is on high rise. So parents must watch for the activities of their children and any irregular behavior or health problems should not be taken lightly. Like teens who are abusing cold, cough suppressant medicines that contains DXM are seriously damaging their health. The list also includes diet pills, sleep aids, and motion sickness medication. So parents and teachers must get straight facts about these issues.

Informative source: http://www.teendrugabuse.us/over_the_counter_drug_abuse.html

JoCo Girl said...
Amen and Amen to that!!!

Abigail Hewins BRONZE, Wiscasset, Maine
I'm against drugs they are so BAD

Sunshine said...
I am against drugs because they can put you out of control of your own mind. I beleive your mind is important because it decides thoughts, emotions and actions. I don't ever want to let a chemichal control my mind.