Celebrities-Why So Admired? | Teen Ink

Celebrities-Why So Admired?

By TheOnlyWritician GOLD, Clermont, Florida
TheOnlyWritician GOLD, Clermont, Florida

We loved with a love that was more than love. -Edgar Allen Poe

I don't understand why celebrities are put on such a high petal stool. It's like its okay for them to ruin their lives but when it comes to regular people you consider them a "screw up". They do drugs, act like their higher than everyone else, and lead a life that children and teens want to pursue. I'm not judging you if you look up to someone famous but they should lead a better life for you to want to admire. I mean I even admire a few celebrities myself. But why can't we admire regular people?

I get it; they have money, nice cars, and mansions. But if you strip them of all of that they turn out to be just like you if not lower. I mean take the business woman who walks past you on the steet. She has a descent carreer, supports her husband and children, and is a caring induvidual. Why not admire her? Not to say that some celebrities are wrong or act with no sense. Really there are some that do have great qualities. All I'm saying is why not admire someone who is working hard to lead a moral life. Someone who cares about people and is sensible. They are the best model citizens to admire. Though it's easier to like someone for what they have or what they do. But just look at the full picture and then decide for yourself.

Realjay41 DIAMOND, Culpeper , Virginia
I don't want to be the type of fan girl who would worship her favorite celebrities and try to do the things that they do. Besides, My favorite celebrities are smarter than the other ones. Yes, Shailene did protest; but, she didn't have any other way to show the anger she had when she was getting less money than her male counterparts.
Dylan has trainphobia. That is what I call the fear of trains. He was scared to move when the train horn blew. Then he got hit and I believe that he has had it ever since.

on Jun. 3 2013 at 3:24 am
LittleDreamer BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
Celebrities are people too, it's just that they are well-established. The celebrities whom I admire may not be completely accepted by the society, but they are very down-to-earth people and I know that because I'm a die hard fan. Now it does sound crazy but it's true, they wanted to be treated like others too. The media often focus on their flaws, they like to potray them as a negative influence because that is what most of the newspapers print nowadays and that is what the public likes to know so they can gossip. There are celebs who donate money to the charity and try to do good for the society but there efforts are often little recognized as compared to their mistakes which are highlighted by the media, creating a false impression about themselves. Now this might apply to a few celebs only - who knows, some truly have a bad influence, some have got the fame way up to their head. When you talk about taking drugs, normal people do that as well but since they are not celebs - it doesn't become of a big deal, it's totally the opposite the other way round as people believe that celebs have some kind of mind control over their fans. Which is not always true.. fans have their own brains too right, lol. I think it's a common misconception that people think that fans of celebs don't look upon other normal people - that is not always true, there are so many people I know who are die hard fangirls but look up to their parents, teacher or friend - they have respect for others just as much any other person has. But yes, there are some celebs whom I wonder why anybody even looks up to and their fan base is often just ridiculous, but to each his own.

kalijahhooks BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri

If you can change your mind you can change your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you, but, I disagree when you said that they act like their higher then everyone else. Some celebrities try thier best to act normal and they want to be treated like a normal person, but, its not like they can go to a mall and shop without a fan running up to them. So just know that most celbs try their very best to act like US.

LaughingGirl GOLD, Ocala, Florida

Play the music not the instrument. -Author Unknown

In my honest opinion, celebs are normal people who just hapene to be more well-known. The celebrities who get on drugs and stuff are the ones who can't handle the extra attention.

Real celebrities in my opinion are people who deserve the attention. These people are influential and intellectual people who use their status to help the world, such as advertising a charity.

People who get on drugs and don't really do anything but twitter about their latest catfight are not celebrities in my opinion. They are people who maybe were once great or never were who are somehow still handing onto a status.

Some normal people who aren't well-known maybe should be, but it could be their desicion to not, or just can't. It's just not written out for them.

I liked your article, though! Ans sorry for my huge loud opinion. ;)

xodistantdreamerxo BRONZE, South Jersey, New Jersey

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

This is amazingly true. We share the same view point on this. If only people would realize what you're saying I think ideals of whats "right" and "wrong" would be a bit better.

Thanks alot!

ChildOfThePast SILVER, Raleigh, North Carolina

"Things change. And friends leave. And life doesn’t stop for anybody."

I liked it, i definetly get your piont of view on things and you make it very clear for what you stand for. Great work, really.

I think its ninty-ten. Ninty percent looks and five percent what you got or fifty fifty of both lol. But anyway thanks for commenting.

I love this, I personally don't get why too. Is it cause of their talent, looks, or fashion?