Celebrities-Why So Admired? | Teen Ink

Celebrities-Why So Admired?

February 3, 2010
By TheOnlyWritician GOLD, Clermont, Florida
TheOnlyWritician GOLD, Clermont, Florida
11 articles 0 photos 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
We loved with a love that was more than love. -Edgar Allen Poe


I don't understand why celebrities are put on such a high petal stool. It's like its okay for them to ruin their lives but when it comes to regular people you consider them a "screw up". They do drugs, act like their higher than everyone else, and lead a life that children and teens want to pursue. I'm not judging you if you look up to someone famous but they should lead a better life for you to want to admire. I mean I even admire a few celebrities myself. But why can't we admire regular people?

I get it; they have money, nice cars, and mansions. But if you strip them of all of that they turn out to be just like you if not lower. I mean take the business woman who walks past you on the steet. She has a descent carreer, supports her husband and children, and is a caring induvidual. Why not admire her? Not to say that some celebrities are wrong or act with no sense. Really there are some that do have great qualities. All I'm saying is why not admire someone who is working hard to lead a moral life. Someone who cares about people and is sensible. They are the best model citizens to admire. Though it's easier to like someone for what they have or what they do. But just look at the full picture and then decide for yourself.