Polestar a Possible Leader of the Electric Age | Teen Ink

Polestar a Possible Leader of the Electric Age

By Petike BRONZE, Tirana, Other
Petike BRONZE, Tirana, Other

Game start the first set, AnimalCannon316 winner of the first leg, second on the way, GAAME ON

Polestar is a branch of Volvo’s car company, which is specifically designed to create products that are environmentally friendly in a style which is unusual today. It is a new company which was established in 1996, and their first product was in 2019. In 2017 they established that Polestar will be a high-end electric company. It will also function as a test for technologies for the main company itself, Volvo. In this essay I will be talking about the two newer car models Polestar will offer and already offer.   
The Polestar 2 is a completely electric car with a high-performance rate, which means that the car can go up to 480 km before needing to charge, which compared to cars nowadays is a strong distance for electric cars. The car’s style is not much different than a new car today, but it is visually different style. It includes frameless mirrors, a built-in sunroof going from the trunk to the windshield. According to many reviews, the Polestar 2 car look is far better and more “escaped” than the Tesla’s. By escaped I mean that the shape is completely out of the ordinary. The performance was rated great by Top Gear, a company which reviews cars, for all kinds of cars to show the performance and if it is good to consider buying a vehicle. According to Top Gear and their tests, the car's handling and speed are of superior quality than other cars with the ability to reach 100 km/h in 4.5 seconds, and its top speed is around 204 km/h. The configuration of the car includes a performance pack, which improves some of its specs like breaking and acceleration, but it also adds golden seatbelts and golden car components.  In the interior there is a big screen, in which Polestar partnered up with Google to make the mapping a more precise and better experience. Due to the partnership with google, the touchscreen has rapid reactivity, and great graphics (Polestar 2 Review 2022). 
A downside to charging is that it doesn’t include a supercharger like Tesla, the charger you get can charge the car fully in about 8 hours, while with a supercharger you can charge it up in 30 minutes to an hour. Another downside is that the comfort of the car on a bad road is claimed to be bumpy.   The price is great with all the great statistics for an electric car, it costs $38 000, while on the other hand a smaller car, the Tesla model 3, costs about $67 000 (Polestar 2 Review 2022). This is a great price since you can't quite find electric cars, with as much range as around 500 km, at a lower price. Altogether this car has great statistics and performance compared to other electric cars. Polestar 2 was also rated an 8/10 from Top Gear and was the fourth in the top 20 electric cars list  
The other car that has not been released yet is called the Polestar Precept. This car has exotic and “escaped” look to it. It does not look familiar to its family the Volvo. One of the main factors of this car is its environmental friendliness. First, it is electric, second the seats are made up of knitted fabric a 100 percent recycled PET bottles (Polestar 2 – Our 100% Electric Car: Polestar UK.). Another main factor of the car is its technology, with it having a touchscreen with precise information on google maps. The car has an eye tracking system and can record your health while you drive, and if there is an emergency, for example the driver falls asleep, the car will take measures to stop safely. The style of the car is great due to the white seats and the golden seatbelts, and the clean interior.  The price of the car is unknown since it hasn’t been released yet, but since it looks a lot like a sports vehicle, my expectations are that the price will be high and so will the performance (Polestar 2 – Our 100% Electric Car: Polestar UK.). 
In conclusion the company is really promising for the future, and since we are standing at the edge of a different style and type of future when it comes to driving cars. In my opinion because of the price and the high quality of Polestar 2 already, if the company continues in this path, it can have a high company value over time, and have a lot of customers.