Gas cars vs electric cars | Teen Ink

Gas cars vs electric cars

May 2, 2022
By Anonymous

The main reason I am choosing this topic is because the topic has a lot of information on gas and electric cars. People also will know the pros and cons of cars. Some people think gas is better than electric and some people think electric is better than gas cars. Which is obviously their own opinion. That is why I am giving you my own opinion as well as other people do.  There is a decent amount of people that dont know what they are looking for in cars to give them the information they need to know  to give people their own opinion. Usually the people just go off of what their friends say or what their families say so it really isn't always right when they tell other people about electric and gas cars. Also what they should think is better.

The first thing we are going to talk about is Electric vs gas cars but we will talk about the pros of each car first. The first point we are going to cover is the expenses for the cars. So for a gas car the average price is $47,000 which is surprisingly close to the average of an electric car which is $56,437. Clearly it is a better idea to have a gas car because of the cost but an electric car has more features which leads me to my next point. In an electric car you get to have the self driving advantage which is a pretty cool thing to have. you can also have many more things just like comfort. In my opinion the electric car is more comfortable than a gas car because you have a smaller engine so you can fit more comfortable things in the car. The other really good thing about an electric car is the engine size. The electric car basically has an engine but it is in the car at all points in the car. But a gas car engine is just in the front of the car except for the other mechanics in the back of it. A gas car doesn't even compare to an electric car for mileage on a charge/tank of gas. Electric cars go almost double the number of gas cars. Only if the electric car has a full charge obviously. One of the main things people like about electric cars is that they have little to know sound from the outside of the

car. Which a lot of people really do love so they can drive at night and not be loud while driving through a neighborhood. The electric car has no front engine because all of the mechanics in the car work together so there is nothing in the front of the car. That is why people like the electric car because they have extra storage in the front which is called a “Fronk” ( it is a combination of the word front and trunk “Fronk”) Because it is in the front of the car and it is basically a trunk.

The next thing we will talk about is the cons of electric and gas cars.

The first car we will talk about is the gas car. Gas prices in the world right now are almost to the highest they have ever been in 2008. That is probably the worst thing about a gas car is the gas prices because they can change like crazy in a month. But one bad thing about the gas is the emissions that go up into the atmosphere and cause global warming. Also can cause for many people to get really sick because the gas is basically like pollution in the air for people to breath in which is not good at all for people. Another con about cars is the driving danger. In a gas car all you have to do is pay attention to the road. But now in an electric car you could have so many things go wrong with the self-driving ability if you like to use it. Because there are a lot of things that could go wrong with it. Like turn the wrong way and go off of the road out of nowhere. It is a very dangerous car because of all the things that could go wrong. But it could be the people that are driving recklessly or not paying attention to cause the same thing in any kind of car. Also the charging for an electric car takes longer than just filling up a full tank of gas. Which really sucks because if you are in a hurry somewhere and you have to get there ASAP(as soon as possible) and you have zero charges. That could slow you down a lot to get to your destination.

One of the last things we will talk about is my opinion on cars. The first part we will talk about is some features that could be added to help with the cars. In my opinion, electric cars have a lot of features. But the gas cars don’t really have anything except

for the touchscreen on them. Maxwellford, 2022. Electric cars really should have sports suspension for a better and smoother ride to the place you are trying to get to.

The features you should probably take out are the self-driving ability, Because that can cause so many accidents if it doesn't work right for the driver. I would personally say that if you have a driving assistance in the car it would be much safer and better for the driver. I also think that a gas car is better because there really isn't as much stuff that could go wrong with a gas car, unlike an electric car. In my opinion, I think that a gas car is better because you can add so many features that an electric car has. You can also do a lot of different things to a gas car because you can lift the car, suspension and you won't have to worry about all the maintenance that an electric car needs. 

These are all of the topics that i talked to you about to give you my opinion, Gas vs electric cars pros, Gas vs electric car cons and lastly my opinion. I hope that you took my opinion into consideration. One thing you should think about is that you should always believe other people's opinions. Also always express your opinion with other people.