Global warming | Teen Ink

Global warming

October 27, 2007
By Anonymous

Global warming. Everybody’s talking about it. Teachers are rambling about the effects, students our prattling about the answers and the media it ranting about it! Here’s a fact: Global warming is a theory, it is not yet a definite fact like “The earth is spherical,” or “The sky is blue.” To every theory, hypothesis, debate, there’s always a flipside to the argument, the side that the least amount of the population believes in. Well, I think we’re being brain washed. Let me repeat that for emphasis, I think we’re being brainwashed into believing global warming is real. Moreover, most people, excluding scholars and a select amount of people, don’t even really now what Global warming is. They don’t know the whole story. It’s like a vicious rumor, one whispers, “Global warming is real, we humans are the cause of it,” and they pass it on to the next victim. It’s kind of like, hey! Jump on the band wagon, every one’s doing it!

Another thought that supports my brain washing theory is the fact that scientists are to scared to speak out in what they believe in. Sure it’s harsh, but hey I would be too. For instance, while watching Fox News channel, I gathered several pieces of information. One thing I learned was scientists won’t get the grants to further prove their hypothesis unless they say global warming is real because of

and

. Sure, then they get the grant, but meanwhile there are several facts that contradict those you just listed. So say a scientist gathers evidence that support the side of the theory that global warming is not true, and they release the information. They don’t get the grant, and these are huge pieces of money by the way, and then their teams of researches are disgusted with that scientist. One scientist even got a note threatening to kill him if he turned over their results.

Although I am leaning to the side of the coin that disproves global warming, I have no right to justify that. I am not smart enough, nor am I qualified enough to tell you for fact that it is not true. My whole point is, maybe we shouldn’t jump to conclusions as fast as we are at things. Personally, I quite tired of flipping to any random TV. News station and hearing them talk about global warming. It’s going to go on forever. This debate, every time they find a new piece of evidence, something else is going to contradict it. So, let’s ease up a bit. Cut down on electricity and gasoline, because it is a fact we’re running low on fossil fuels. Meanwhile, keep Britney Spears allies with the media, at least things she’s doing is fact not theory.