Animal Rights | Teen Ink

Animal Rights

June 4, 2014
By Anonymous

Abraham Lincoln, our 16th president said, “I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being.” Animals have been injured by animals auctions and being captured. Animals should have rights for being free in the wild. Humans can live all over the world, but animals need their own place to stay.

Animals are usually captured by animals auction. In United States, they banned exotic animals. Especially in Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, and even, more states. In Australia, if someone kept exotic animals. The person would have to pay one-hundred and ten-thousand dollars fine or go to jail for five years. The Environment Protection, Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, and Quarantine Act 1908 brought the idea in Australia.

Animals are going to be extinct. When they are not in their habitat they try to find ways to survive. They live up to at least two years without their environment. Animals are even taken from their home in a blink of their eyes. They would have to find ways to adapt in the weather, their meals and just not being alone in the countries they don’t like. Live Science say, “between five-thousand and seven-thousand tigers are kept as pets than existing in the wild.”

What happens when exotic animals are being capture. Also, when people buy exotic animals. They can cause problems with the environment. Teddy the bear for example. The family raised the bear when he was a cub. Teddy attacked a thirty-seven years old man. They capture him in an airport system. They would be hidden in plastic tubes. Baby turtles are inside their shells trapped. Taped into tube sacks. Parrots are getting taped by their beaks and toes to travel planes.

Exotic animals needs to be exotic. Exotic animals need to have their own prey to jump on. Not on humans. “It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions,” said Mark Twain. Animals do have homes.