The Endangerment Of Turtles | Teen Ink

The Endangerment Of Turtles

May 19, 2016
By ASmartGuy BRONZE, Glenpool, Oklahoma
ASmartGuy BRONZE, Glenpool, Oklahoma
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

People have always overlooked the safety of Turtles. Scientist started finally doing something about it in 2013 when about 30 percent of all species were put on the Endangered List.  Studies also proved that one out of twenty Turtles live through Maturity.  If people do something about it they won’t be on the endangered list.

Turtles rely on their Habitat to survive.  They need things like appropriate food, water, a reliable climate, and ultraviolet.(Animals, 2016)  So when one of these change; a large number of population dies off.(Widecast,2009)

If we open more rescue shops people will at least can try to help.  These rescue shops move Turtles to healthier and safer sanctuaries than where they are now.  One rescue team saved over 40,000 turtles in a matter of two years.  Think about what would happen with Five of those!


People also interfere with the baby turtle as they get to the water from the shore.  If we close the beaches these Turtles can reach the shore.   People keep these Turtles as pets and don’t give them the ultraviolet they need to survive.

Turtles have never hurt anyone, and yet people continue to interfere with them.  If people start to recognize the danger Turtles are in, and they start to do something about it, we can finally take Turtles off the endangered list once and for all!


The author's comments:

For years turtles have been a threatened by humans. I hope this article will make you stand up for these turtles and do something!