Infinite Love | Teen Ink

Infinite Love

May 7, 2019
By Anonymous

Love is described as an intense feeling of deep affection. I feel love for so many important people in my life. They teach me certain lessons about life and myself. Love is one of the Fruits of the Holy Spirit along with joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Everyone has experienced these emotions and feelings in their lives at one point or a another. Love, especially, is the foundation for many of the things that we do. Love is something that I do my best to embody everyday. Although, many times my love has been put to the test. Many believe that in a state of confusion, mistrust, and hurtfulness that there is an absence of love. Many think that turning someone away, cutting them out of one’s life, and abandoning them is the solution. When in reality, this mentality is eliminating issues and not solving them. But it is important to know that in these times, love is the only solution. It is the only answer to our problems. The only way for these distressing emotions to subside is to show love. However, It is easy for me to say all of this, and it is much more difficult for me to embody infinite love all day every day. I have learned that the answer to many of life’s difficult situations is love by my relationship with one person who is close to me. His real name will not be used, so I will call him Anthony. Anthony is someone who I have grown up with during my high school years. He has been my biggest fan and biggest critic, but that's how friends should be. Always lighting up a room and putting a smile on everyone’s Latino 2 face, including mine, Anthony never failed to be a friend to everyone he met. He made it his job to show everyone kindness, even when it was difficult for him. He is honestly someone I would say embodies each and every one of the Fruits of the Holy Spirit. He inspires me to be a leader, and a friend. I look past all of his flaws inside and out because he means that much to me. Anthony is the definition of a best friend. Only true best friends love each other no matter what the circumstances are. A year ago, Anthony was so broken and confused, and he didn’t know how I would accept him if he told me he was gay. He was afraid of what I would think, of what his friends and family would think, and what God would think. He was so vulnerable standing under that dark sky in that open field. He pulled me aside and told me what I already knew all along. Situations like these are when love is the only answer. How could we live in a world full of people who don’t accept one another for who they are? When Anthony finally told me the truth, I wasn’t accepting of him. I was more than that. I was so filled with love for him. I was beyond accepting at this point. I wanted him to know that best friends come in handy in situations like this. When his friends weren’t accepting, and his family was confused, I would be there to love him. Anthony has changed my perception of what real friendship should be. He is extremely significant in my life, and I would not change any of his flaws, even if I could. The Holy Spirit asks us to embody the nine gifts that were given to us. My relationship with Anthony manifests the Fruit of the Holy Spirit of love. Therefore, love is described as an intense feeling of deep affection towards someone or something, and the way Anthony wants to live and love is part of his own plan with God, and I will be there to support and love him.