WHO DO YOU CHOOSE | Teen Ink

WHO DO YOU CHOOSE

By moodslikepetrichor BRONZE, Jaipur, Other
moodslikepetrichor BRONZE, Jaipur, Other

"People must learn to hate ,and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite"

Hey look I’m not here to tell you how pathetic my life is and my blessings in abundance of mental health and how I overcame them because I didn’t I just ignored them like most Indians do but I’m here to tell you why we find peace and comfort in knowing other people’s lives suck, yep in this world of oh so perfect lives and celebs with oh so perfect lives I’m here to tell you that having or projecting to have a perfect life isn’t wrong with the media constantly after their lives for everything they do WRONG yep it sells more the hatred, anger, depression and tears .We find people who are pathetic more admirable and relatable and find flaws in people who are perfectly happy and make them relatable.

Segal’s novels for instance Oliver had everything but in the end he asked himself how his life would be if Jenny was still alive and he then realised that he would be alive .We think it’s necessary for us to be perfect, beautiful and loved , it’s true you do want be loved but the question is by whom do you want to be loved? By the broken relatable people who kill joy because they can’t feel it or do you want to loved by the happy(but you’re pretty sure dumb) people or  maybe a person who knows you inside out hates you but feels so bad when you’re down, yep choose, do you want to be loved by them or you .

To be honest I’m pretty sure I chose me but every time I went out people told me I was “athletic” and they also told me I was “naïve” because I had a pixie cut was tall (like enough to hurt an Indian man’s pride) and happy so then I grew my hair and then I started studying but then they said hey aren’t you a bit “plump” so then I got a flat stomach, long hair, still studied and I lost myself. People say I can go for “modelling” my dad he put me in a coaching institute seeing that I was a “promising” child and the people ,they now call me “cold” and ask my why I’m on a diet all the time .So I don’t know how to choose myself somehow.

I find choosing myself useless I find society useless because now every time I look in the mirror I see them not me sometimes I feel happy for achieving the things they wanted me to achieve do well in school, look good and of course don’t have a boyfriend because THEN you’ll get depressed . Well thanks to you I don’t feel anymore, now well I still am on a diet all the time I still study because if I don’t I won’t know what I stand for anymore but today I didn’t choose myself I chose you guys because I don’t want you to choose yourself for them no I don’t mean go to Himalayas and meditate because that is NOT what Indians do by the way but just don’t choose you and soon you’ll learn it’s a paradox(just like when I told you I wouldn’t talk about me lol).

Just trying something new