A year ago... | Teen Ink

A year ago...

A year ago... well, I was with him. He was the best thing that ever happened to me. My first love. He made me laugh and he knew when something was wrong. He knew when I was faking my happiness or when I was lying. He knew me better than most. A year ago, when I thought of him, I would smile. He would call just about every night. We talked about everything. A year ago, we were still making memories. A year ago, he still loved me. It's sad. I woke up one day and he was no longer a part of my life. When something happened, good or bad, I couldn't turn to him anymore. He was just gone. My everything, my first kiss, my first love. He no longer called, or cared. 

A year later... It's been a little over a year if I'm honest about this. He's moved on now, he has someone new. I'm happy for him, really. It was hard getting over him. It took me at least 7 months to ever not care about what he did. But I did. I no longer want to be around him or call him. I'm actually okay now. For the first time in a year.

Me and him are actually friends now, if that makes any sense at all. It took us awhile to get there but we did. He's a better friend than he was a boyfriend.