A Successful LIfe | Teen Ink

A Successful LIfe

By Toualee GOLD, Sacramento, California
Toualee GOLD, Sacramento, California

"If I don't have to do it, I won't do it. If I have to do it, make it quick."-Oreki Houtarou

Why does dreams matter? It could be about anything, since dreams are really unknown to anyone, they change. My dream is to have a successful life, instead of being a sore loser with no life. Life is hard for everyone, not everyone is going to make it. 

Time is important, I can’t waste it all on education. On my journey to a successful life, it’ll around my Funhood. Funhood, which is just my young adulthood, mainly around 18-28. That’s when I’m going to work my *ss off and I can’t waste even a year. I’m trying to get it done as fast as I can, so I can flex on others. Which is just showing off what I achieved at such a young age.

A  nice job, a big house in a peaceful neighborhood with my Gt86 and a lovely wife. Basically kinda like the american dream. Money in my account and a big smile on my face. That can’t happen immediately, I’ll have to face the hardships and pain. There will be times when I fail but I’m going to get right back up.

I can’t get to my dream without relying on others, I’ll need support on the way when things get hard. Friends and family being there for me, knowing that I can do it. A good mindset will keep me focus straight. I’ll need to break through that barrier that’s keeping me from others. Money is very important, especially for college. Since I’m planning to go to a UC Davis or other UCs to get my masters in computer engineering. I’ll need that degree to get the job I want. I think the hardest part in college is just staying on track, so I gotta keep my cool and “try to not get distracted.” Once I’m done with that I’ll get married to my girlfriend and buy my dream car, Toyota Corolla Gt86. Then I’ll buy a big house for my family.

Therefore, I can’t stay home, play video games, and rely on my parents forever. I’m not going to let that happen, in the end it’ll end up to me, the eldest son, to take care of my parents. They’re getting old and wrinkly. The new man of the family is going to be me and I’ll make them proud. I have to be successful so I can’t be like my parents and a nobody. I’ll be someone for everyone that matters to me. If one can’t achieve their dreams, ditch it and find another one.

The joy of living a good and sucessful life inspires me.