Housewives to Homemakers... | Teen Ink

Housewives to Homemakers...

April 5, 2022
By Jyothis PLATINUM, Ernakulam, Other
Jyothis PLATINUM, Ernakulam, Other
37 articles 14 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
When hearts speak of gratitude,words lose their significance. When love takes up the mic of life,the only voice that rings in each heart would be love, love and love......


How many of us bent our heads,feels bad to tell others that my mom's a 'housewife'? Just think for a moment and then recognise the day to day life of a typical housewife....

Her day begins before the sun rises; before the hens awake the whole world to another day of restless continuous motion. While we sleep heartily in our soft mattresses covered up in our blankets,she would be out there in the kitchen sweating like anything. But no one bothers for it's her so called 'duty and responsibility'. And this is a wrong belief and practice that's transferred to the next line generations. Now let's come back to her work. When we wake up lazily,still with sleepy closed eyes, she's ready with a bed coffee and a beautiful smile on her face; that most of us ignore so badly. She feeds us the most delicious food in the planet with a feeling of self satisfaction and no return expectations. She's the only person who works 365 days, 24*7  without any complaints. She's a teacher,doctor,artist ,chef,architect...all in one. To sum up, she's a whole package of talents. I think it's high time that we stop degrading her value. She must be addressed as a 'homemaker' ,for anyone can build a house but only a sweet woman can make any building a 'home'. 

I respect a so called housewife more than any high ranking official and world famous professional because only she knows the pain of giving up her dreams,only she realises the struggles of spending a full time life in the kitchen,only she can narrow her broad thoughts to adjust to the requirements of the family and maintain healthy relationships. She sacrificed her opportunities of growth,ignored those occasions where she could showcase her talents...all for the sake of her family. Nobody can ever fill that emptiness,that craving for a paid job that still rings in her heart. But she leaves behind  her all those tempting thoughts and never blames God for her 'fate'. I really respect  and salute my mother for leaving behind her dreams of job and self independence to make me strong and independent,for teaching me to hold love and relationships over monetary benefits and theoretical knowledge....


The author's comments:

This has been a topic I always wanted to write. Have felt sad for all mothers whose role is still not recognised by her children.