My Biggest Inspiration | Teen Ink

My Biggest Inspiration

June 7, 2023
By Anonymous

My Biggest Inspiration

I have been asked the question who inspires me the most many times. There are so many people I could name, but the one person above everyone else—my mom. She has never failed to be an amazing role model for me. Whether it’s showing me the sacrifices she makes for others, the kindness she shares, or how hard she works. All of these represent how strong and amazing my mom is. Brave. Selfless. Kind. Three amazing words that describe my mom. 

Selfless. One big reason my mom is such a role model for me is her willingness to sacrifice anything for my family. For example, when I was younger and my family and I would go out for dinner we would all order what we wanted, but when my order came back the wrong thing my mom offered me her dinner and ate something she didn’t want to eat, but she did it to make me happy. Another example is when she always puts me and my siblings' emotions before hers. If she is going through something, but one of us is really stressed and struggling she acts like everything is okay. When I was younger I can’t recall a time when she put her grief or emotions before us especially when she went through her mother's death. These examples are just a few things my mom sacrifices for us all the time. She is constantly going out of her way to make everyone else happy. She is— in my mind— the most selfless person I know. 

Kind. My mom has never failed to be kind to everyone. She is always helping everyone out when they need it or simply treating them with respect and kindness. The biggest thing that sticks out to me from my mom, is her willingness to take my grandpa in 

after she found out he had a stroke and needed a caretaker. She didn’t want my grandpa living on his own, so with no questions asked she decided to take my grandpa in. How can my mom drop everything for everyone else?  I think about that question every day because it is not that easy to just drop everything for everyone else. It just shows how unbelievably kind and selfless she is. Ever since my grandpa moved in, my mom has been an amazing caretaker. She takes him to Florida in the winter where he used to go with my grandma, and she takes him on the honor flight which my grandpa has been wanting to do for so long. She truly is the kindest person I know.

Hard Working. Above being selfless and kind, my mom is successful and hardworking. Ever since I was young my mom was always doing something. Whether it was traveling for her own company and working at the fire station and helping them out there. She always loved to work and do multiple things. Some activities or jobs she has done: her own business, hiring new firefighters at the fire station, being a troop leader for both girls and boy scouts, and working with my dad to build his own business as well. I am so amazed at how my mom does so many things at once. It just shows how hard she works at everything, and it pays off with how successful she is. 

All these traits I have described about my mom are just a few reasons as to why she is such a big inspiration in my life. I could name so many more if I had the time to. She truly is the glue of my whole family. I strive to be just like my mom when I am older, and I really hope she knows just how much of an inspiration she is for me.