We Want to Trust Them so Badly | Teen Ink

We Want to Trust Them so Badly

By Johns0n116 BRONZE, Sammamish, Washington
Johns0n116 BRONZE, Sammamish, Washington

Why is it that whenever you care about someone who’s not your family things tend to fall apart? I don’t understand why two people cant be great friends without some kind of mishap. People cause so much drama, and it doesn’t matter unless you care about them. It’s because we all have emotions, and emotional needs that must be met somehow. Sometimes we depend on other people to meet those needs. We thrive off of what we mean to them and when our needs fail to be met by them we lose it. It makes perfect sense. Some of us understand it better than others. Usually people who are insecure about themselves and rely on others opinions of them to boost their self-confidence. Others, they’ve been hurt and are looking for someone to hold on to while they lose something else in their life that was important. Everyone else just wants to be loved. But why do we give so much to certain people? It’s because we want to trust them so badly, because we want someone like that in our lives. We want someone who is real, and who cares about us. But does everyone ever really earn that trust? Or is it just a state of mind? It could be both, but it’s usually the second one. You see, we dream up a person of what our best friend or love is and whoever we meet first who catches our attention on some level builds up to be that person. Have you ever felt in love with something or someone and then figured out that it wasn’t what you thought? Like the person or thing let YOU down. No, they didn’t let you down. You know why? It’s because most people don’t think about YOUR expectations, and don’t know what your opinions are of them, or how high you hold them on a pedestal. Most people just are. They can’t read minds, and they don’t know what you want or expect from them unless you make it clear to them. If they let you down, it’s not you. It’s them. They aren’t really letting you down, because they didn’t know what you expected. If anything, they are letting themselves down. If someone doesn’t want you in their life then you need to let them go, because why would you want something if it isn’t real? It’s like telling someone to buy you flowers, instead of surprising you with flowers. It’s a forced effort. Why would someone want that? It’s like someone telling you I love you but not feeling any emotions. Sure, it’s nice to hear but does it mean anything if it’s not real? People so often hold onto these things because they just want to know that someone is there. Sometimes even if you know it’s not real and meaningful you still want it. Like in jr. high when you would go out with a guy because they liked you. Did you really like them? Maybe not, but you went out with them anyways because you wanted to have a boyfriend. The title makes you feel so much more sure of yourself doesn’t it? People are strange like that, but it’s why we all get easily disappointed.

writerssoul said...
writerssoul, One, Delaware
Brutally honest. the truth will set you free

Ramonda S BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri

Tough times don't last,
Tough people do.

:)

i know thats right ! tell the truth

alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
That so tottaly sums up the whole thing! WOW! Some just let me down I was likke "what did I do wrong??? Or was it them?". I don't really know how to continue with that relationship. But yes all your points where very vailed, and true. Nothing was un-biasing or contradicting to the point. That was writen very very awesomely. Definatley 100%True. Thanks for writing that. :D LOVED it. Sad it's so like that though. Guess it's just how the wrold works sometimes.

pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
This is very true.