I Love You | Teen Ink

I Love You

By walkingXonXclouds SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky
walkingXonXclouds SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky

It takes two to tango, but no one ever forces you to dance

I love you.

It’s said all the time. But do people really mean it? Do they know the difference between true love and just a fling?

My best friend had her first boyfriend this year and about three or four months into the relationship, they started saying I love you. The sad thing is, is that they never kissed. Every time she would say I love you, I wanted to ask her, “Do you really?”

I don’t think that you truly love someone until your willing to give up anything and everything to be with them. I love you is meant to be forever, not just a few months or a year.

The saddest part about this is that “I love you” is both overused, and not said enough. For the people who really need to hear it, it’s not heard. But for the people that say it just to say it, you hear it all the time.

Love is a powerful word; it can either break your heart, or complete it. Don’t say “I love you” unless you truly mean it. Everyone will find their true love one day - or at least, that’s what I like to believe - because it’s not just in fairy tales.

smileysdeadvalentine GOLD, San Bernardino, California

"you like audry hepburn,harry houdinni and croket you can't swim, you can't dance and you don't know karate face you'll never gonna make it" "i dont want to make it"

its true,there are alot of people who say it and don t mean...love can also be shattered it is like a glass...you have to be careful on using but its losing it meaning....

iwantcoconow said...
iwantcoconow, Bronx,ny, New York
really good i really agree with you

love is powerful it can be said it can mean something so deep but some never mean it

DreamGlider said...
Love is something that grows and develops with time. You're completely correct. The term "I love you" is greatly overused. I think as teenagers, we're all searching for that love upon a higher level, but we're not actually ready to commit to such a thing.

134515 said...
tht really stinks. but i totally agree. i love you. isnt really a word tht you should use a word all the time. because if you dtart saying it to friends as a friendly remakrk, than when u actually mean it than they might not take the sentance seriously

Karli Young BRONZE, Johnson, Missouri
thats so true i said i love you to my first boyfriend and i dont think he really said anything back when i first said he said ahhhhh that is really true

JohnDeereGirl DIAMOND, Westerlo, New York

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not"
"Somewhere betweeen us talking, you saying I deserve better, and you making me laugh when I wanted to cry, I fell in love with you."

Thats so true. I love you be a powerful word but if someone says it too much you kinda go numb to it. Keep writing :)