Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

justalittle said...
In my opinion, teen love is not wrong when they see the limit. Some special feeling as a student makes you happy and have recognization about love, your life, your responsibility... If you're in love (actually "crush"), just take it easy, don't worry about anything. Just be yourself, not regret. My crushes in high school were so kute, we just be friends, took care of each other. Looking at his face, his smile make me feel so great. Althogh we're now on the different ways, we still respect each other, be good friends. Sometimes I think about these sweet memories, I feel stronger. 

tropicana said...
tropicana, Lucknow, Other

loving a person who doesn't loves u is lik watching a star in a dark sky u know u can neva reach it bt u always see it hopefully... so neva loose ur hope n keep trying afteral.. stars also falls

i totally agree with u... i also think these all things r just rubbish.. teenage love is cute.. most of the people hav their 1st crush during adlosence only.. but no1 can claim that their luv is true & it'll exsist further

UnrequitedHollow BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

"Don't expect from others what you wouldn't do yourself."

I think it is possible. I myself thought i loved someone but it was merel infatuation. I think you merely have to let it happen in it's own time. If it dosent happen, it dosent. Love, however...hmm, the meaning of it seems to escape me. I suppose i have never experienced it, and i suppose the CAN make it hard for me to say much about it. But teenage love is wholly possible, simply because we're all human. We may not understand it, but it's there in our hearts.

DillN GOLD said...
DillN GOLD, Centerville, Iowa
i personally beleave in teen love. my mom and dad dated since they were in high school and a little before and they never stopped loving each other. The proble today is some teens think there in love or are in love with the thought of being in love, so its rare today but it can happen.

TerraTAZz GOLD said...
TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Nobody goes through life without a scar.

-carol burnett

I do believe in teenage love. Not because I myself am a teenager, I believe that one person is made perfectly for you ( soulmate ) and god will grace you with finding that person when you yourself are ready for them.

X-morgie-X said...

Meredith

I completly agree with you that teenage love does exist! It is true that many people do not understand how or whaat it is but i personaly have felt some sort of love before and i am a teen. I love your point of veiw keep writing your doing a great job!

writtenfire14 SILVER, Safety Harbor, Florida

Why do we close our eyes when we dream? When we cry? When we imagine? When we kiss? Because the most beautiful things in this world are unseen.

teenage love definitely exists. personally, i think it just changes forms as you age. 

i, for one, have always had a "crush" on someone. i remember my very first crush, in first grade. his name was jarret rockitch. i also remember my first, what i consider to be, love. john watkins. that happened earlier this year. my heart leapt every time i saw him, i felt warm all over from his touch, and i felt as if i could fly when we kissed. 

it's over now. but all the same, it existed. i loved him. i'm thirteen.

MonaLisa316 GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana

YOLO:you only live once

i believe in it....it does exist...and its rare nowadays bcuz ppl think they fall in luv in middle skool....etc. cuz i did

devyanixxx BRONZE, Saharanpur, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
i believe in teenage luv........its kinda rare cuz mostly attraction is misunderstood as luv.........but teenage luv definately exists.......

shimmer70 said...
i think its all robbish

kaykay1992 said...
i believe in teenage love. i've been with my boyfriend for two years. and yeah i love him, not saying that it will last forever but you can still defintely be in love at any age.

Mystisha BRONZE, Mumbai, Other
I truly dont know about love..i once had a crush on a guy and i even told him that i like him but he just said that i'm just a friend for him..nothingelse...and it all got over..no calls no messages..and after that i was in three relationships too but dey were unsuccessful..and now its been 2years but i have not forgotten my crush..he's still in my mind..Was it love?..or just a crush?

KirstynAlexandra PLATINUM, Baltimore, Maryland

\"I\'m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can\'t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don\'t deserve me at my best.\"
— Marilyn Monroe

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
Albert Einstein

Ok, I understand what you're saying, but this is where you misunderstood: I didn't say my relationship is true love because I haven't experienced it yet; I said it was teenage love.

luvsoccer3000 SILVER, Abington, Massachusetts

“You can turn off the sun, but I'm still gonna shine.” jason mraz

yeah i feel the same i really didn't get what the end opinion was

Jennifer_Krasinski BRONZE, Decatur, Georgia

Love hurts if you do it right; you can cry when you get older.

that's not really a good example. If you two are happy together, congratulations. But it may not be true love. You may not be together forever, or even until the end of highschool. Teenage girls tend to overplay their relationships. And I'm not saying that acusingly, I am a teenage girl and I'm one of the worst. I'm just pointing out that for this article, you're story is not a great example.

Lysergia said...
Lysergia, Washougal, Washington

“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

I agree with you, but as for this article it slightly confused me it was as if you were saying that you disagreed and phrased everything as a question, until the very last part where you finally put your real opinion... Unusual and mostly ineffective tactic for persausive pieces.

RideTheWave BRONZE, South Riding, Virginia

yes. i am very lucky

wow thats awesome! they sound great!

I have a great group of friends and on my bday, my three bffs wrapped my locker, got my combo from me about a month earlier, wrapped the inside, put balloons in it, and a singing card! when i got to school, a group of about 30 of my friends yelled happy birthday and my friends had the class sing to me every period! it was awesome. i have awesome friends

— Marilyn Monroe

Albert Einstein

I believe in teenage love. And honestly, I have a perfect example. Me and my boyfriend have only been together for about two weeks, but we have a really long history. Two years ago, we liked each other, but that was cut short. We started to lose touch, and would only talk about once a month. The only time he would ever really call me is when he wanted advice with his relationship. In February, I was having relationship issues and called him for advice this time. When me and my boyfriend broke up, we started talking every single day. That's when I saw another side of him and realized that I had feelings for him. Then, I realized that I loved him. About two months later, we got together :)