Kiss Later | Teen Ink

Kiss Later

September 26, 2009
By ArianaT GOLD, Newark, New Jersey
ArianaT GOLD, Newark, New Jersey
13 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
You write the script to your own life...Don't let anyone take the pen from your hand!


It bothers me to continue to read articles that teenagers my age write about love. I've been through ALL of it. I've been through the uncertainty; i've been warmed by the imaginary blanket of security; i've been plagued by infatuation; i've been blinded by beauty; i've been captivated by perception; i've been assaulted with abuse; i've willingly let myself feel the torrent and the excitement; i've believed in LOVE. BUT i don't dwell on it. I don't sleep on it. I read articles about girls who just TORMENT themselves with it. I KNOW it's hard. But you just can't talk about how miserable you are when someone breaks your heart and then let them back in again to cover you with that shroud of uncertainty and insecurity. LET YOURSELF BE IN CONTROL. If you're being controlled, then the relationship isn't worth it. There should be boundaries. If he loved you he wouldn't put pressure on you to do things that you don't want to do. If he loved you he would wait and be responsible because he cares about your well being--- he thinks about you. Rushing things ends in disaster. If he loves you he'll want you be your friend as much as your boyfriend. He'll want to know your friends and your family and he'll be GOOD to you. If you're out of line, or jump to conclusions, or rowdy, and explosive THAT's another story. It's a two way thing. It takes two to tango, its takes two to cater, and it takes TWO to make a relationship work. And boyfriends, may i say, are pointless in high school. Have friends. Focus on your work. Do what you gotta do first, kiss later.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 19 comments.


on Feb. 7 2014 at 2:48 pm
HunterAnonymous SILVER, Florence, Wisconsin
8 articles 0 photos 11 comments
Very good topic and writing, but guys aren't always the controlling ones. Sometimes girls will put you down  in front of their friends and ignore a guys feelings. But other then that, great paper and if you could I would appreciate it if you could check out some of my works (only three). Thank you  =)

AliMotamedi said...
on Jun. 6 2013 at 5:02 am
AliMotamedi, Ampang, Other
0 articles 0 photos 21 comments
i certainly agree with the fact that most high school relationships are pointless. stick to what you got to do, there is a time for everything.

ArianaT GOLD said...
on Mar. 6 2012 at 6:32 pm
ArianaT GOLD, Newark, New Jersey
13 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
You write the script to your own life...Don't let anyone take the pen from your hand!

Thanks for all of the constructive criticism, everyone. I did write this when I was in the 9th grade, though (notice the lack of capital letters in the word 'did'). My writing has gotten a lot better =) But thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts nontheless! 

on Dec. 21 2011 at 11:24 pm
CorrinaElisabeth, Eatonville, Washington
0 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without even noticing it." ~C.S.Lewis

Not the best persuasive argument I've ever seen, certainly. But I agree with the thesis.

on Dec. 7 2011 at 9:08 am
JasmineNoelle1 BRONZE, There Is No Need To Know This !!!, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
You never needed to change my darling you just need to have confidence in yourself to be yourself and not change for someone else.

yeah but I wasn't really looking at the writing style and how she wrote it. But I guess she could of wrote it a little bit better than she did.

on Dec. 6 2011 at 10:03 pm
camohunter19 GOLD, Sedro-Woolley, Washington
14 articles 13 photos 128 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say No when they mean Yes, and drive a man out of his wits for the fun of it." "Violence is never the answer! It is a question, and the answer is yes."

I agree the article is good. It's the writing I was talking about. Liked the idea, the delivery needs the improvemant.

on Dec. 6 2011 at 2:25 pm
JasmineNoelle1 BRONZE, There Is No Need To Know This !!!, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
You never needed to change my darling you just need to have confidence in yourself to be yourself and not change for someone else.

eeeeehhhhh it's still good

on Nov. 29 2011 at 7:00 pm
camohunter19 GOLD, Sedro-Woolley, Washington
14 articles 13 photos 128 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say No when they mean Yes, and drive a man out of his wits for the fun of it." "Violence is never the answer! It is a question, and the answer is yes."

This isn't "well written" as Jazzyjaz12 would have you believe (sorry), but it is a good topic. If you proofread or even checked for spelling this article would have been much better. Instead of CAPITALS use italics; your point gets across wayyyyyy faster and with more clarity. Seriously: "LET YOURSELF BE IN CONTROL" are you yelling at me?

on Nov. 29 2011 at 2:39 pm
JasmineNoelle1 BRONZE, There Is No Need To Know This !!!, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
You never needed to change my darling you just need to have confidence in yourself to be yourself and not change for someone else.

I think this well written and oh so very much true. But I'm kinda of in a relationship right now and we love each other with all our hearts but the thing he makes me mad alot and sometimes I cry about it but I'm not going to let him get me done because he wants to get mad over something so little and stupid. My life moves on and it was moving when he wasn't here saying that he loved me. Sometimes ladies you just need to let your head be held high. He just a guy or maybe he is the guy but you shouldn't let him control your feelings. If a guy breaks your heart then he does and you just gotta tell yourself that you will make it through the next day and the next. Your worth something just focus on you and do you because nothing else matters. Always respect yourself first. That's all I got to say.

Afra- SILVER said...
on Nov. 29 2011 at 6:53 am
Afra- SILVER, Colombo, Other
8 articles 0 photos 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
Even when the sun sets the moon will rise.

yeah this is very true...

gleek1234 GOLD said...
on Jun. 7 2011 at 9:48 am
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont
17 articles 0 photos 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
You did let me go you left me broken and heartless, crying out for help, with no one to answer my calls-Shilpa Pierpont-Hale ( poem) Love hurts

This is really good i agree with nyghtonxxx this does deserve a grammy.

on May. 4 2011 at 4:53 pm
NyghtOnyxx GOLD, Goldsboro, North Carolina
14 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.
Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
~ Marilyn Monroe

Idk if you are an adult or what but his should be given a grammy! I'm tired of seeing girls my age (14) throw their life away because they believe some guy actually loves them, don't get me wrong we do it to the guys to sometimes just to get our way. "Love" hurts weather it's right or wrong

on Apr. 29 2011 at 1:09 am
remembermeplz PLATINUM, Friend, Nebraska
36 articles 10 photos 230 comments

Favorite Quote:
"when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -- Jimi Hendrix

AMAZING!! I myself found out the hard way that Boyfriends when yr young is a bad idea.And the Ending line is very witty and I really like it =)

The whole thing in genarl is very greatly worded.And i can tell u probally win agurments all the time cus the way u prove yr point is mazing =D


on Apr. 23 2011 at 10:14 am
twix.n.pixi.stix7 GOLD, Stewartsville, New Jersey
11 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"you can dream big
or you can dream small
the important thing
is that you're dreaming at all"
~me! haha i wrote that :)

well said.

on Dec. 12 2010 at 10:52 am
_helenhorton SILVER, Springfield, Ohio
7 articles 3 photos 34 comments
bravo! i have been through some of the relationship issues too, and this speaks tremendous words! :)

on Sep. 2 2010 at 1:13 am
dustybrowneyes BRONZE, East Bethel, Minnesota
2 articles 10 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
I\\\'d like to run away
From you,
But if you didn\\\'t come
And find me ...
I would die.
~ by Shirley Bassey ~

i so agree with u!

Sarbear GOLD said...
on Mar. 30 2010 at 6:55 pm
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio
10 articles 4 photos 489 comments

Favorite Quote:
--Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
--When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

i love this! especially your ending line--how unique, it wrapped it up perfectly. i agree with all of this! great job

on Jan. 16 2010 at 10:28 pm
SilverLining BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments
Thank you. I needed to read this haha. Great work

on Oct. 3 2009 at 12:03 am
Mylifeforpoetry BRONZE, Burlingame, California
1 article 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Learning how to fly is jumping and missing the ground"

you are so right. that bugs me too. But sometimes i write poems like that just to get feelings out. Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Just a fleeting storm of emotions that takes over.