What is Love? | Teen Ink

What is Love?

By hot10 BRONZE, Union City, Indiana
hot10 BRONZE, Union City, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

life is tough get used to it

What is love? Love is a feeling people have about one person, a person that you cannot stop thinking about. Love is waking up in the morning and praying that that person is still there, that it was not just a dream. When people are truly in love, they love the other person no matter what happens. If a guy was having a bad day he should not take it out on his girlfriend or wife if he truly loves her. People in love do not get jealous or neglect the others needs. All of the concentration and time should be focused on the other person. Sometimes people in love want to take away their pain and make it their own so the other does not have to suffer. They go out of their own way just to make the person they love as happy as possible. They may find themselves spending all of their time and devotion to please and get this one persons approval. People in love care for one another when they get sick, depressed, or just flat out are not having a good day. They cheer each other just by being there for the other one. They sooth each other when someone close to them passes away. “He who wants to do good knocks at the gate: he who loves finds the door open.” quoted by Rabrindranath Tagore.

There is also the love of one’s friends and family. Friends and family are supposed support and love one another. They have to be there when one is troubled or struggling with the path life leads people on. Families pick each other up and dust them off when they are down. Friends are there to talk to and tell what is happening in life, to give advice when it is needed. Love is not only for men and women but for those around and for those who care.
Sometimes love is also blind to what is going on around. Some people like teenagers are not sure what love really is. They say that they are in love one second but the next they hate each other. Teens frequently fall victim to a little thing known as “puppy love,” love that could be there and gone in a flash. Love is often concealed as lust among teenagers. They are blinded by their hormones and cannot see the true beauty of falling completely, passionately in love with someone. They also make the gaffe of getting too attached to each other which leads to a broken heart and remorseful feelings.

i wrote this for my english class.

niesh13 SILVER said...
niesh13 SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Love Me, Hate Me. I Really Don't Care .
Truth Is...Life Goes On , With or Without You

i think yur rite.!! yur 1 of the few ppl who get it every1 else jus says nething yu actually put thought n2 yur work. i liked it.!!

hot10 BRONZE said...
hot10 BRONZE, Union City, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

life is tough get used to it

what does your heart tell you to do? follow your heart and you will find happiness

Fires SILVER said...
Fires SILVER, Eagle Pass, Texas

Follow your heart always!

I like what you said about love. I love this guy but he laughed when I toold him. I want him be happy even if i am not. Love is what you said!

rainstar32 said...
rainstar32, Ohio, Ohio

stand up for your self

well can any one help me with my problem .. i am biasexual and i do not know what do do. i just found out that i was like 20 min ago and i have no one to turn to . i like this guy but i love this girl so what do i do ?????

beachgirl; said...
hot10, beautifully written!!

Also love is wanting the best for the other person. ~quote~ Crystalina Everet, Purity speaker.

music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

MY quote: "Without music, life would be absolutely pointless.... Music is my life and it always will be!"

Your description of love is very good! It really explains it! :)