Sex at a young age? | Teen Ink

Sex at a young age?

November 4, 2009
By rishro SILVER, Baldwin, New York
rishro SILVER, Baldwin, New York
6 articles 3 photos 12 comments

As you hear a lot, young children have been having sex and small young girls getting pregnant. Usually with no father to help raise the baby. Why do you think so many young teens are going out having sex? I believe a lot of it has to go with the music many listen to and tv/movies nowadays. Of course music and tv and movies always had these sexual themes to some of them but now its just straight out there, like they don't care about who listens to these. In many old songs had inuendos. So they were much more hidden. Now as you hear songs "Birthday Sex" and more with straight out sexual themes and words. Many teens (And adults to that matter) do NOT use protection which is a big part of sexual interaction. If you do choose to have sex, use a comdom. Probably one of the better choices. Many people of all ages think sex is a game. Many believe it's just for fun and to mess around with. When i believe it is only to have with the person you know you will spend the rest of your life with. Sharing that special bond with that special someone. If you do choose to have sex at an early age, or any age! Be protected!
-Thanyou for reading :)

The author's comments:
What inspired me is i know a lot of people at the High School a couple blocks away from me there are a lot of pregnant girls, and you hear about it all the time.