How to Flirt- Tips for Both Sides | Teen Ink

How to Flirt- Tips for Both Sides

By KarianaGold PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona
KarianaGold PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

The grass may be greener on the other side but sometimes when you get there you realize that he flowers were prettier back home.

Great! You think as you see him seated next to you when the teacher changes the seating chart, “Now’s my chance… but wait, Oh, Snap! I don’t know what to say!” So instead of talking to the guy you’ve been dreaming of, you avoid eye contact. Well now he just thinks your weird, well you were noticed… not.

What do you say to him? How do you get a topic started? Well start with the basics, a very original “Hi, my name is so and so.” If you do know each other smile and say, “Hi,” looking them in the eyes. But be careful not to scare them by looking to hard, the eyes are the windows to the soul but you don’t need to see it just yet.
Girl

It’s important to feel confident; if you don’t like how you feel like he won’t like you then he won’t. Do not slouch or cross you’re arms because that gives off the illusion that you are hiding. Point your body towards them, and sit with good posture, but don’t sit stiffly, you’ll break your back. Smile and laugh softly at things they saythat are meant t be funny.
Don't be uptight. Don't worry about how you look and what he thinks of you, at that very moment that doesn’t matter. Everything does not have to be perfect. Just relax, be goofy, smile, crack a joke or two and don’t forget to laugh. Have fun.

Touch him. Quietly and discreetly while your speaking. Make it soft and quick and don’t talk about it. Compliment him, in a friendly and completely unthreatening way. Make sure its something you actually like. “Wow, you’re really hot,” may not be the best way to go. Try “I love blue eyes,” or “you have a nice smile.”

Guy

You’re standing in the lunch line and there she is… none of her friends are around, for once so you can flirt without feeling like her best friend is judging you.

“Hey,” you say smoothly. She replies with a quick “Hi.” You may want to say “What’s up?” where that may be good for texting in real life talking its not good. Bring up a subject you know you have in comman. If she plays sports try talking about something like that or talking about a class you have together. Since a lot of girls like it when you make the first move then you bringing up the subject is a good move.

Don’t act overly macho or be someone you’re not, she’ll see straight through that. Be confident. Girls seem to have this superpower where they just know when you're acting stupid.