Just another word | Teen Ink

Just another word

January 30, 2010
By Fallen4rmGracex0x BRONZE, Ft. Myers, Florida
Fallen4rmGracex0x BRONZE, Ft. Myers, Florida
4 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
In that moment we were infinite...


Love. It’s a powerful word. In times of propriety it was a symbol of complete devotion. It was not something to be said lightly. It used to represent your full devotion to that one person. The person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with.

But now the word has lost its strength. Loving comes easy to the average person. I love that show, that song, that food, even that person. On the drop of a dime people are so eager to use the “L” word. But how can it hold strength anymore when its used for everything. When you say it someone does it still mean you want them as yours for the rest of your life?

Every where I go I hear the words. Lovers, friends, companions say them. They are like simple greetings. A part of every conversation. Holding no weight. No power. No meaning. Just something to say.

Stuck in a world like this when you have values and expectations laying on words that are just like any other sentence. It’s a nightmare. It’s a curse. I’m afraid to say it. To hear it. Thinking when its said it means something. Only to have your heart ripped out when it was just another word.

How can people do this? How can they just say it? How much does it really mean? How can I believe it?

I love you? I think not…

The author's comments:
Do they really mean it? Think twice next time you throw around the L word. Do you really mean it?