Time Heals? | Teen Ink

Time Heals?

By Brooklynn SILVER, Lake Villa, Illinois
Brooklynn SILVER, Lake Villa, Illinois

"life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how i react to it" John Maxwell

Time heals everything. Whoever said this must have never been in love… Because time doesn’t always heel everything, they must have been talking about a bruise or a scab. But not a broken heart, because it’s been 2 months. No communication what so ever, barely any eye contact, but still I feel what I felt 2 months ago, love. How can one even try to describe the word, love? We get this picture in our head that love is this incredible thing. Movies, books, T.V. shows, they all portray love as this amazing sensation. They expose that love, will never let you down. Or that love will always take over. And even if you don’t see each other for a decade, when you link eyes, you both will run to each other with happiness and hope and strength. When really this isn’t the case, all these things make us believe that the one we love will never let us down, when in reality, they most likely do. I’m not saying I don’t believe in love, I do. I just don’t understand it sometime. I mean how can something so beautiful and amazing, turn out to be so horrific, and tragic, and disastrous? It just doesn’t make sense. I mean, let’s face the facts, you will never have a guy run into your arms like they do in a bunch of the movies, and you probably will never have a guy throw pebbles at your window all night when you are mad at him. The most you will get is a few texts. That’s it. No pebbles, nothing, texts. I mean, it just doesn’t make sense. When will they have a movie, where the guy screws the girl over, or anything realistic!? Because take, A Cinderella Story for example. The most popular guy in school, does not, one write poetry and two would not fall in love with the school dork! It just doesn’t happen that way. Life doesn’t work out that way. People don’t fall for someone lower on the social status than them. It just doesn’t happen, but yet, we keep seeing it happen in all these movies, so when you do get the guy of your dreams, you put everything into it! And what happens later on? He upgrades for something better than you, and leaves you, in the dirt. But when I look at all these movies, and love songs, and books, and T.V. shows, it just makes me sadder. And think about how I WANT something like that! Something that amazing! Someone that I can feel butterflies for and who will never leave me. Knowing someone’s there for me. Who feels the same way I do. But in life, that never happens. Usually, the girl thinks she can trust the guy and he is serious about her, and so she falls, hard, fast and deep. But in the end, he lied, like most guys do, and turns out to be one big lie. So she cries, and thinks it is just a dream, when really, it’s reality. She thinks he will come back, but he won’t. And what do her friends tell her???? Time heals everything.

my friend who gave it up and then got it shoved in her face

GiSELA SILVER said...
GiSELA SILVER, Escondido, California

Life is about doing things people said you couldn't do.

"God will take you through hell in order to get you to hevaen"-figurative speaking!