Why Do You Love Me? | Teen Ink

Why Do You Love Me?

By Love16 GOLD, Roanoke, Virginia
Love16 GOLD, Roanoke, Virginia

Psalm 23.

I once asked someone I love “why do you love me?” she looked a little thrown off by the question. She spent a couple of minutes to think about it before she said this: “Well, I love you because your sooo hot and sexy. And cause you give me anything and everything I want.” She said it with a big smile. Well that was the day that I lost someone I thought was the girl for me.
Oh Well…

Well I was that way until I met another girl named Amanda. We started dating after I met her at my school’s homecoming dance. A week after our first kiss, I asked her the same question. And I was blown away by her answer. This is what I got: “Well, I love you for who you are. I love the way you smile when I make you blush. I love it when you tell me all the sweet things even when I might not want to hear them. I love that you are always my shoulder to lean on. I love that you know what I’m thinking about and do it before I ask. And just plain and simply, I love you.” And to my amazement, I was blushing harder than I ever had. So then she surprised me by asking why I loved her. And this was my response: “Well, there is nothing about you that I don’t love. I love the way you smile when I make your tummy tickle from my sweet words. I love it also when your dimples show when you smile. I love it when you tell me how much you love me. I love it when lift my spirits up when I’m feeling low. i love it when you fill my heart with all your love. I love it when you curl up in my arms and fall asleep with your head on my shoulder. I love all the simple things about you like your country accent and your hazel eyes. I love how you like my truthfulness. I love you with all my heart and soul and nothing will ever change it or take it from my heart, neither time nor distance could.” And at that moment, she burst into a river of tears. That’s when I walked over and wiped them off her cheeks and kissed her.

To me, that’s what love really is. When someone could list things they like about a person for hours. When someone would do anything and give everything to just spend a moment in their arms. When you treat the girl you love like a princess, who deserves anything that her heart ever desired. To me, that’s what love truly is. And to me, when you feel like that, you can truly say that you are in love.

For my babydoll <3Amanda<3

iheartz BRONZE said...
iheartz BRONZE, Tulsa, Oklahoma

searching for answers in a world that answers none of them at all, or My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with- kelly clarkson

so sweet..........good job at writing