Long Distance Relationships- Impossible or Possible | Teen Ink

Long Distance Relationships- Impossible or Possible

January 12, 2013
By Likeaboss427 GOLD, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Likeaboss427 GOLD, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
17 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"But I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed---because 'Thou mayest.'" -Lee (East of Eden, John Steinbeck)


Have you ever heard the saying "Long distance relationships never work"? Most of us have. Its easy to believe that if you can't see, feel, or be with a person that the relationship is doomed to failure. However, making a long distance relationship work takes a few traits not every person has. For example, you need commitment, in a long distance relationship you need to be committed to the other person and know in your heart that it will work out and to keep pressing on. Which brings me to the second trait, you'll need strength. It's hard to be away from someone whom you truly care about. But if you really care about them, isn't it worth the struggle? Another characteristic you'll need is creativity. Creativity is one the most important traits besides the obvious. Not many have this quality when it comes to long distance relationships. However, when you use your creativity to come up with activities you and your long distance partner can do together, it takes some of the pressure off. For example, sense you can't have an actual date, use netflix to synchronize and watch movies together over the phone. This is a fun and easy way to help you spend time with your partner.

Overall, I believe that when you have the right person, a long distance relationship is always the time and effort. Do you?


The author's comments:
This is my very first article. Feel free to tell me what your opinion of long distance relationships is. I would love to hear from you :)