1 Corinthians 16:14 | Teen Ink

1 Corinthians 16:14

May 5, 2013
By sterlingaa BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida
sterlingaa BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“1 Corinthians 16:14”

I believe in doing everything in love. No words of hate should be said to somebody. No actions should show hatred. Hatred is so ugly whereas love is so incredibly beautiful. Even in the Bible, 1 Corinthians 16:14 states “Do everything in love.”

Have you ever been told something mean or unkind? Have you ever said something mean or unkind? Have you ever felt hurt by something mean or unkind that was said to you? Of course you have, we all have. So many words get thrown around today. “I love you” and “I hate you” are overused constantly. We say things we don’t mean sometimes that end up resulting in things we didn’t mean to happen. In today’s society, we have to be so careful what we say and do because one little thing can cause a million other things to happen.

Social media is a leading factor in teen suicide now a day. Teens say or do something that gets put out on the internet which explodes in a huge mess. Facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. is where the cube bullying starts and sometimes doesn’t stop. There have been multiple cases of teen suicide because of bullying/ cyber bullying in the past year that I can recall of. It sickens me to know that someone took their own life because of a nasty, mean, cruel, comment somebody else said to them via text, email, or the internet. There are so many problems that get started on social media sites that I personally think it should all be shut down. Things have gotten so out of control in our generation and by now it’s doing more harm than good. The hatred that is put out there is unbelievable. People need to show only kindness on social media/ networking sites or get off. If people showed love, acted in love, and were love, can you imagine how much more of a peaceful world this would be and how many problems would be nonexistent?

A year ago, I went to a church camp and listened to a young adult who was from Africa speak about his childhood. He was from “Sponsor a Child Organization” and told us about how his mother and father were shot right in front of him. Him and his siblings were then left on their own where he had to support them and provide for them. He lived in complete poverty got his entire life fighting for survival. Imagine your life being like this. Now think about all of the things you are blessed with. See the difference? We think we have the worst. We complain quite often and always expect more. We forget about how lucky we are to have parents that love us and we treat them like dirt. We treat a lot of people that love us like dirt. We waste so many materials, and things we don’t need. We waste our energy on people who treat us badly. And it’s like a never ending cycle. We do all of this when we should be treating our parents with tremendous respect and showing love and kindness to everyone. Giving away the things don’t need or use for people who need them and could use them. And we also need to try and give to people more than we receive from people. In the end you’ll be much happier with yourself for doing the right, kind and loving thing. Love is sometimes a very hard thing to show, but it is what God showed us.

Imagine if everyone in the world was loving. Nobody said mean things. Nobody did mean things. Nobody used physical violence as an answer. Nobody bombed a city, a state, or a country. Nobody went around shooting people. Nobody hijacked airplanes and flew them into buildings. Imagine if the wars stopped. If the bombs, shooting, and crimes stopped. How much happier everyone would be. How much more peaceful our society and the world would be. We would be unified for once. We would be happy and only show love. Think of this and start changing the way you live. Show more love. See more love. Be more loving.