Teen Pregnancy | Teen Ink

Teen Pregnancy

By Charise J BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
Charise J BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia

This problem is serious to the world, mainly the families parents. Some parents don’t want to let their kids have sex at a young age. It will make more responsibilities to the family. Teen pregnancy is an issue to the world. It could affect your school life, you’re not getting help, and you’re also doing a lot of work when you have a responsibility on the line.
One reason why teen pregnancy is a problem to the world is because it affects your school life by missing school days so you could know what’s important for or in life and not being able to graduate with your friends on time. For example, I have heard that my cousin tried to have sex during her high school year. She took out the house alarm because it seemed like someone was coming in and out the house. My aunt wouldn’t approve of it and made her get on punishment for a couple of months.This is why I don’t want to become pregnant in highschool (teen years). I really want to live my school life so I could get through college.
Another reason why this is a world problem is because your not getting enough help by your boyfriend or you could let your mother take care of the baby. For example, I be seeing that the father of the baby would let you give it up to them but then would leave you to go with another girl because you got pregnant. That confuses me sometimes because why would you have sex with her and make her have the baby but then don’t want it. That seems stupid to me. I believe that if you want to give it up, you should use protection. It would really help you not want to be pregnant and it would make you stay in the right life place. Your mom could help, if you wanted to still go to school. This shows that you could get help if your boyfriend or any family member participates in helping the baby.
The last reason why teen pregnancy is a world problem is because you’re getting a lot of work done by you waking up early in the morning and in the middle of the night. You also got a lot on your hands if you’re still going to school, you’ll have school work and babysitting work to do. For example, I have been watching this show called “16 and Pregnant” (only once in awhile) and some of them still go to school but comes home to watch and take care of their baby. During your time with the baby, you still have to wake up early in the morning and at the middle night . This shows that taking care of a baby at a teen age is hard to do. You can’t always want to have a baby when you don’t know that you got a lot of responsibility on the line.
In Conclusion, I understand that they want to give it up during their high school year but I want you to realize that giving it up in high school is not the answer to everything.
I believe that teen pregnancy is a serious problem to the world and to the rest of the people who are soon to be teens.

What had inspired me was that teen pregnancy is a big issue to the world. It is creating a bigger problem to this world and could make our hunger weaken. I wish that teens could choose wiser and do better things.