Stupid in Love | Teen Ink

Stupid in Love

March 29, 2014
By FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
49 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Happiness can be found even in the most darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the lights


A lot of people seem to forget as time goes on what its like to be young, stupid and in love. I myself being almost 19, is currently going through my first love. I know it may seem rather late for me but hey, I know what I want when I want it and not afraid to wait and get whats coming to me. Now most of us seem to believe that when you young and in love it is mostly filled with nothing but infatuation, which admittedly it is, I wont lie about that part. However there are cases where it goes a lot deeper than that. If you've found the right person who is as a hopelessly romantic being as you are then it becomes so much better than you could have ever imagined. Being young, stupid and in love is an amazing feeling from the very beginning, espechially when he/she is your first. The best part is being able to escape into your own little world where there is nothing but the two of you and everything you'll forever do together just feels right at the time. The thing is you never really think about the after effects that your actions could have on the people around you because you were just so focused on what the two of you have or should I say had at that very moment and just how beautiful it felt to have just been together. Its true what they say romance is good for the soul but the one thing we need to remember is to think before we act. now that can be a little hard to do when you drunk on love and by the time you sober up everything kind of hits home and you think to yourself "wow, we did act kind stupid then didnt we?" Everyone has made a few mistakes here and there when it comes to being unable to control your emotions when you around that special someone. That could range from trying to make love at innapropriate moments to maybe even showing to long and or detailed/explicit displays of public affection. All that can happen when you stupid, young and in love but the one thing adults of today need to remember is that they were once kids too. As much as it is hard to see your children grow up it is natural that we still at that stage where mistakes are bound to happen. Although I will also admit that once some actions are performed there isnt a pooper scooper big enough to whipe up the damage that has been done. Other mistakes are small that we need not dwell on and must do our best to forget about and move forward towards the future that being in other words being the bigger man and looking at the bigger picture all at once. As humans we are all made through Gods eyes as imperfect beings, those of which must accept that non of us are perfect and we must all not try to be. Therefore we live life through the mistakes we've made in the past and look towards our future. As we grow so do our minds, actions, emotions and life styles. Some may stay the same and others may differ according to the life that we've been led to lead. That does not mean we are allowed to judge and or attack one for what they may or may not have done nor must we look at others poorly just because we are different from one another. Anyways i'm moving off track, the point of this topic is to remember what its like to be young, stupid and in love and learn to accept that the younger generation has indeed made some mistakes but the older generation once made those exact same mistakes too. We learn from the past, live for the present and think towards the future but we should never forget what its like to be young, stupid and in love. Its the best feeling in the world and no one can ever take that away from you, the moment you know what its like to have it.