Philosophy of Beauty | Teen Ink

Philosophy of Beauty

By Justpeter BRONZE, Phila, Pennsylvania
Justpeter BRONZE, Phila, Pennsylvania

"I'm to good for my shoes" -Just Peter

I'm treating this document as a journal for the time being, because I have some philosophical thoughts that I'd like to get down. Now that I've stated my business, my name, my purpose, and the skeleton for the rest of this document in two sentences, you have an accurate view of what this will be like.
My first topic is beauty. And that start is in itself the purpose I am writing this. Most people, when they see that word think of a very attractive person, but that may not quite be the case. For everyone, I believe there is one word to describe someone you love that goes beyond the physical. For me, this is the word beautiful.  I mentioned a brief paragraph describing what my views are on this a-bomb powered word, and now I will go in depth.
First off, here is the quote I will be working with: "I smiled. "You misunderstood me," I said. "To me, beauty isn't what you look like. Of course you're gorgeous and sexier than a model, but that's not what I love about you." I took her hand in both of mine. I have to give my [other side] credit for both the romantic brain in this operation and the bravery. "It's your personality. It's your mind. It's the fact that there will only ever be one of you, and I'm just lucky to be the one who gets you." That was all me, though."
I state here that "beauty isn't what you look like", which isn't quite set in stone. For some people beauty is what they look like as well, but as one great unknown said, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".  I agree wholeheartedly and then some. I think that Kim and her model gang has just as much beauty or less as your little sister. Because beauty isn't a description of someone else as it is a description of you.
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". Real quick, I just want to differentiate beautiful from all the other positive description words. I'll take gorgeous and sexy since they were used in the quote. They are both purely physical to me, they have nothing beyond that. Models are gorgeous beyond comparison, but never in a million years would I say Kim Kardashian is beautiful, because in my eyes she is not. You get where I'm going with this.
I'll describe what the a-bomb word really means. The quote states that, "It's your personality. It's your mind. It's the fact that there will only ever be one of you, and I'm just lucky to be the one who gets you." Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, for sure, but not just that. Beauty is in the mind of the beholder.  If you really find someone beautiful, what you see, taste, hear, feel, or smell won't matter. The metaphysical personality, the sheer power of his or her unique aura will be what draws you. She can be smart or stupid, sexy or obese, you won't care if she's really beautiful to you.
One more thing about this Word of Power; it doesn't have to be the word 'beautiful'. Perhaps when you think someone is beautiful, it's is just there outwards appearance. But suddenly the word gorgeous takes on a whole new meaning. The a-bomb word can change, but it's there. It's a concept that can change forms as it travels. But it's a concept that either does or can live in every person, male, female, gay, straight, or bi.
Now one more time to recap. "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". Not in the figure of the beholden. Beauty isn't something one can achieve. It is something given by a loved one.
The quote was taken from a novel I wrote, so don't bother looking it up.

Sometimes your mind wanders. Sometimes you want to write down where your mind has been. And i did. hope you enjoy it, maybe you'll agree, maybe you won't but give it thought.