When It Hurts, You Know It's Real | Teen Ink

When It Hurts, You Know It's Real

August 28, 2015
By dmartin2070 BRONZE, Sterling City, Texas
dmartin2070 BRONZE, Sterling City, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever" - Lance
"a trying time is no time to quit;- Unknown
'"Fight it or accept it, fear it or control it"-Unknown
"Just when you think it can get worse it can, and just when you think it can go good it can.


Love is a wonderful thing in life, its what makes it worth living we must love one another. Love is something unique and unexplainable, but magical. Most people search for it some try to  even force, that’s the thing you cant force it if its there then it is, if not then its not. The best kind of love is the one that happens when you least expect it, when out of nowhere it comes when you least expect it.


When love happens when you least expect it its more magical and more loving at one point we face a heartbreak the first heartbreak is just so unbearable and we sometimes feel like it’s the end of the world. We feel like dying not only does our heart hurt of pain, but its as if you cant feel your body it becomes numb, the tears just come out.  When it hurts that’s when you know its real, some people say you know your in love when you cant sleep at 2a.m. thinking about that special someone. I believe its when its 1p.m. busy doing other things in the day when you are so busy with things to do but yet you still cant get that special person out of your mind.  There’s always that special someone who made you feel good about yourself the one that actually makes you feel good that shows you what love actually.


When you find someone special there’s no pressure you could be doing nothing yet it feels like so much more, where the little things count, you could just be starring at each other but with one look its like a message of love has been said, how everything they do influence’s you.  Love can make us do some crazy things, but it makes us feel good and we sometimes become better people because of it.


I found that, when I least expected it, I found a guy who an instant became the most important person in my life. He always made me want to become a better person. His smile made me smile not only did I smile but my heart did as well. He believed in me when I couldn’t believe in me, he saw more potential then I even saw in myself. Most importantly he loved me when I couldn’t even love my self.  Ive always been heartbroken or hurt, when I lost all hope in love, guys he showed me that its possible to love that love can conquer anything. As the days passed I was falling hard, but I didn’t care because in that moment I was finally happy so intensly happy I was singing getting up early I was just this positive uplifting person. I didn’t know how much I loved him until we said our goodbyes and left Washington. As we said goodbye and hugged the elevator closed not only did the elevator closed that night but so did my heart. Ever since then he is the owner of my heart, kind of cheesy I must admit but its true love happened when I least expected it.  Now more then ever I know that its true when people say that you don’t know what you have until its gone.


Its been months and yet I cant get used to the idea of him being gone, I thought if school started I could get over it, but as the days turn into weeks, the weeks turn into months my heart crys,breaks, agonizes for the one guy who I truly love. I thought I was in love once before, but this this that I feel is true love. Because I have never felt this way, when love hurts that’s when you know its real. Every tear that falls is a memory that flows through my brain and hurts the heart. Never thought I would be the one to cry for a guy  people say just forget him,…… my question is “How can you forget someone who gave you so much to remember?”


The author's comments:

Dont be afraid to fall in love even if you been hurt in the past, youll eventually find someone who loves you even when you cant love yourself.