Popular Girls in UGGS | Teen Ink

Popular Girls in UGGS

April 9, 2009
By morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
34 articles 0 photos 93 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan


Everyone says that you have to have a Hollister top and leak Abercrombie to be accepted. Everyone has the girl in their grade that walks like she has something to prove, puts others down so she feels less insecure, and hugs you while stabbing you in the back with her designer earrings. Everything about her seems perfect...her clothes her looks her laugh....except one thing...her attitude. The boys gush and the girls roll their eyes. Why is it that they can't see through a pretty mask and a flirty laugh? You may be the nicest girl on the planet with average looks....and they don't care. You cry, reapply the makeup, and carry on.

The constant verbal put-downs on every girl that doesn't leak Chanel when she cries are almost too much to bear. The teachers see, but brush it off like a fly. They know how middle school girls can be, their used to it. But we're still getting used to it. They roll their eyes, hand you a tissue, and tell you to toughen up. 'You'll meet people at work someday who are worse.' 'Go see the guidance counselor, you're disrupting my class.' 'Would you stop fighting??!?! It's not that big of a deal if she has more A.Eagle clothes than you. Cheer up!' So you slip on you favorite tee,not Aeropostale, much to everyone's dismay,and carry on.

Everyone sees the outward shell, but what they don't see is the personality and the home-life. The popular girls don't have either. Their home-life probably isn't the best, and their personality obviously sucks. Their harsh words sting like cold wind. You wish you had name brand to cover up in, or the latest Aerie jacket. Instead, you snuggle up to Walmart fleece...and carry on.

Ends up the girl you least expect will come back to the twentieth class reunion gorgeous and thriving at her new job as a model or whatever. And she had NO friends in middle school! Cause why? She wasn't worthy of friendship because she didn't own Abercrombie jeans, or a pair of UGGS. Why is she thriving? She carried on...and didn't worry whether the popular girl backstabbed her with designer earrings just because she didn't own a Hollister tee.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 95 comments.


xxblahhhO.o said...
on Jan. 1 2011 at 2:57 pm
**who are genuinely kindhearted people

xxblahhhO.o said...
on Jan. 1 2011 at 2:56 pm
**who are genuineely kindhearted people

xxblahhhO.o said...
on Jan. 1 2011 at 2:55 pm
The previous year, I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly and scoff those kind of people too. But recently I've learned a lot of things, one of which being that despite what people may wear and how they may act, every person actually wants to be accepted and appreciated, and sometimes the means by which they feel they can do this is with designer brands and straightening their hair every morning, etc, etc. So cliche, I know, you're probably rolling your eyes at me as you're reading this. But it's true. I know a lot of girls who wear Abercrombie and Hollister and Aero who are genuinely kindhearted person. Stereotypes are everywhere, and this is one that I honestly can't blame you for having, but please recognize that there are always always people who don't conform to those stereotypes. I do really really appreciate your courage in posting this and it was really well written and I totally respect your viewpoint. So thank you so much and that's all I have to say, thank you for listening :)

melanie said...
on Dec. 9 2010 at 2:53 pm
i agree a lot with what you said, but there are really 2 definitions to being popular, there is the mean popular girl, and a girl with lots of friends. So, to be popular simply means to have a surplus of friends, not to be mean. im popular

on Nov. 15 2010 at 6:00 pm
Tatyana DIAMOND, Colorado, Colorado
60 articles 0 photos 171 comments
i agree ummm...i fart in school

Icy96 PLATINUM said...
on Nov. 15 2010 at 12:57 pm
Icy96 PLATINUM, Romeoville, Illinois
27 articles 2 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Horace Mann: “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”

I agree whole-heartedly. Keep telling your opinion and ignore the haters, they're just jealous of our Walmart clothes ;)

Icy96 PLATINUM said...
on Nov. 15 2010 at 12:53 pm
Icy96 PLATINUM, Romeoville, Illinois
27 articles 2 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Horace Mann: “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”

Its not a matter of what you can and cant buy. Its a matter of whether you would be caught dead in a preppy brand or not. For example, in my school, Aero and Abercrombie are synonymous with uppity and snooty. Everyone in my school who wears those brands is either a jerk, a wanna-be-jerk, or someone who is completely lost and thinks that the key to popularity is dressing like everyone else. We non-conformists would never be caught dead in Brand-Name stuff like that unless Wal-Mart is considered a Brand-Name. It's not that we can't afford anything better than Wal-Mart, its that we don't care and we don't want to waste our money on something that looks exactly the same as generic except for 2 things: #1 The word "Aeropostle" is somewhere on it (cheap advertising) and #2 a size "medium" in normal clothes is an "Extra Large" in Aero. The entire clothing line is designed to make us non-anorexic people feel fat.

on Nov. 15 2010 at 9:58 am
Tatyana DIAMOND, Colorado, Colorado
60 articles 0 photos 171 comments
all popular girls aren't what your making them seem  just because you cant get things they have

on Oct. 15 2010 at 2:14 pm

i honestly disagree i work hard to earn money so i can buy things like this. i love shopping, and i adore uggs and all those brands. if you dont liek it then thats your problem. i honestly think people shouldnt judge and dont dislike if you cant buy things what other people like to buy. just stop being a hater and move on with your life

k. thanks!!!


on Aug. 21 2010 at 12:27 am
loves2write95, Uradouche, Massachusetts
0 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"I am not bound to please thee with my answer.\"- William Shakespeare

i know yow you feel! this is a great opinion on people like that....

LivenLove said...
on Aug. 20 2010 at 8:40 am
LivenLove, Washington, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Words are very powerful, but only if you listen to them."

But you see there aren't people like them. Everyones different, its one thing to say these s are mean and wrong, its another thing to say they are mean and wrong becasue of the clothes they wear. That would be stereotyping.

on Aug. 19 2010 at 2:50 pm
morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
34 articles 0 photos 93 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

yes, i know people like them.  and i know not all popular people are rich, im just trying to make a point

LivenLove said...
on Aug. 18 2010 at 3:35 pm
LivenLove, Washington, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Words are very powerful, but only if you listen to them."

girls*****

LivenLove said...
on Aug. 18 2010 at 3:34 pm
LivenLove, Washington, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Words are very powerful, but only if you listen to them."

Well I have a question. Do you know these s?

LivenLove said...
on Jul. 29 2010 at 7:55 am
LivenLove, Washington, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Words are very powerful, but only if you listen to them."

Well I'm sorry you feel tht way, you could do a lot in the world but it seems you don't think a better additude and nicer words won't get you there.

on Jul. 28 2010 at 5:08 pm
bluesky0728 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
8 articles 0 photos 107 comments
or the popular bitches don't care about school and get pregnant at 15 and the unpopular girl geniuses go on to invent a cure to cancer.

on Jul. 28 2010 at 2:04 pm
babigerl1194 PLATINUM, Margaretville, New York
23 articles 10 photos 155 comments

Favorite Quote:
wat doesnt kill you only makes you stronger

please. im so not popular. but i do know its not going to be happy ending for most of us. and those popluar b*tches probably will be sucessful. sucks dont it. cause the unpopular kids cut and drink and want to escape. maybe they're smart but without popularity there's no connection and that doesn't get you far in life. you said those girls had money well then they're gonna get the best school and all the opportunities. sorry honey it's a cliche since it has such a happy ending.

on Jul. 28 2010 at 11:42 am
bluesky0728 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
8 articles 0 photos 107 comments
I agree with 905xoxo. We shouldn't care that their clothes are designer- but they shouldn't judge our clothes either. We should wear whatever expresses ourselves that we can afford, and if that's what they choose to wear, so be it. If I choose to wear a t-shirt with my favorite WNBA team on it to school, so be it. They shouldn't care, but they do. But judging them for their designer clothes just makes things worse. We just have to ignore them, but if we're being just as mean to them as they are to us, it won't work.

on Jul. 28 2010 at 11:39 am
bluesky0728 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
8 articles 0 photos 107 comments
Well, lucky you, babigerl1194, you don't have to deal with this at school. Unfortunately, most middle-school girls do, so please keep your negativity to yourself, thank you.

on Jul. 28 2010 at 11:37 am
bluesky0728 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
8 articles 0 photos 107 comments
of course the popular girls don't judge you- you're a guy! you have no idea what they're really like!