Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift

By LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other
LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other

Live. Laugh. Love. Fight. Flight. Get it right.<3

Well, I'm just curious. Mostly everyone has heard about what happened during the MTV awards (Kanye's interruption when Taylor was recieving the award). I was thinking...do YOU think he was justified in interrupting that way? Because, if you think about it, he does have a point. Sort of. Taylor Swift (a..well..her music is OK) vs. Beyonce (a music LEGEND) for the award. Besides, Beyonce's music vid WAS great. What do you think?

Curiosity is not a sin. lol

AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Look, I didn't want to be a halfblood."

I think Kanye's interruption was uncalled for. Taylor Swift, who was barely an adult, won an award and Kanye embarrassed her in front of the world. It doesn't matter who should've won, because what Kanye did was rude.

clara13 said...
clara13, Bordeaux, Other

"happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear"
- taylor swift

I know i'm reacting to this post literally 13 years later but i had to give my opinion on this. For me, it was absolutely not okay to interrupt Taylor during her speech. She was really young and it left her traumatized. Taylor being really nice, she forgave Kanye but he stabbed her in the back AGAIN in 2016/2017 with his edited phone call and the song "Famous". Thinking someone else deserved the award more is okay, everyone has their own opinion, but interrupting a 20 year old to basically say "yeah good for you, but honestly you didn't deserve it" is not okay at all. And to everyone saying she isn't successful, she recently became the first artist ever to occupy all of the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 and is breaking more and more records every week :)

RustedTelephone BRONZE, Bellingham, Washington

"There is always light. If only we're brave enough to see it. If only we're brave enough to be it." -Amanda Gorman

Okay, so i know this post is old, but i have seen the footage, and even though Beyonce is amazing (no doubt), it's not like Beyonce told Kanye to do what he did, and he had NO right to do it. Also, even if you're not a Taylor Swift fan, and you love Beyonce and Kanye, do you really think it was ok to PUBLICLY humiliate her? She was really young, and it was her first MTV music award, like @racheal29 and other people in this discussion have said.

rachael29 said...
rachael29, Somerset, Kentucky
Yes Beyonce is well...Beyonce but Kanye had no right to interrupt Taylor's speech. It was her first mtv music award and when someone as big as kanye interupts the speech it would make you sad

I know u like Kanye!! But it doesn't mean tha he always win!

DJ_Holliboy_973, Irvington, New Jersey

Yeah Buddy!!!

I was really messed up.

wicked_writer BRONZE, Oswego, Illinois

"If your not first, your last." -Ricky Bobby

i agree with you!

No she should of never won that award..... She is not that good and beyonce's video was great... she shoulda got that........ Thank You

skybean BRONZE said...
skybean BRONZE, Elmont, New York

"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”~GK Chesterton

He was totally out of line!

Big J said...
Yes, Beyonce is a lengend and to lose to Taylor Swift is flabergasting but Kanye West still has no right to ruin Swift's moment

Jess15 said...
I don't think Kanye did anything wrong. I mean look at Taylor Swift now. I can't stand her. I wish he would have interupted her during her preformance. That would have been HILARIOUS!!!!!

Cooper_W SILVER, Atlanta, Georgia

Kanye is awesome.

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

But in all honesty, no, Kanye wasn't justified in interrupting Taylor Swift. I still find it difficult to care, because he's  a much better rapper than she is a country singer (Kanye is one of the best rappers probably of all time whereas Taylor can't measure up to the Country greats such as Cash or Nelson)

schlage GOLD said...
schlage GOLD, Erie, Pennsylvania
even if you aren't a fan of taylor swift, just think about it. She just won a big award and a drunk (who she probably looked up to in the music biz) tells her Beyonce deserved it. Even if you like Kanye, you have to admit it was rude.

WakkaFlakka said...
YOUR A HUCKER

Mikey123 said...
I think Kanye West won cause I hate Taylor Swift.

WakkaFlakka said...
Your dirty man

YOUR MOM said...

hi all ya'll hoes

WakkaFlakka said...
Wats up people where did the dirty qnome man go

Mikey123 said...

ur mom eats mothballs

Swing ya weiner first?