Metal Will Live On | Teen Ink

Metal Will Live On

By MProcker13 BRONZE, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
MProcker13 BRONZE, Latrobe, Pennsylvania

"To have things you've never had, you must do things you've never done"

Rap. Hip-hop. Hannah Montana. The Jonas Brothers.

All of these things, along with many others, have many people believing that heavy metal is dead and gone. Allow me to disagree with all of that.

For this past summer, I attended Mayhem Festival and Cruefest, and I’ll promise you that the crowd for metal is large and as strong as ever. And not only was there thousands of people, 95% were polite, and weren’t out for blood, as is the typical stereotype of rock shows.

And it isn’t a lop-sided genre. All the various subgenres played together. Slayer played alongside Marilyn Manson. Godsmack played with Motley Crue. This genre continues to grow and expand and develop into a new, ever-growing beast, while the “trendy” music will all fall to the wayside.

So metalheads, keep your chins up and your heads banging. Metal needs support, and we need metal. Seems like a rather complementary cycle in my opinion.

And just remember, Metal will never die!

"Just giving my...well...opinion!

gremlin BRONZE said...
gremlin BRONZE, Auburn, New York

Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family

THE METAL SHALL LIVE ON BROTHERS

Propheteer GOLD, Sudbury, Other

“The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is I'm not afraid to die on a treadmill. I will not be out-worked, period. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, you might be sexier than me, you might be all of those things you got it on me in nine categories. But if we get on the treadmill together, there's two things: You're getting off first, or I'm going to die. It's really that simple, right?
You're not going to out-work me. It's such a simple, basic concept. The guy who is willing to hustle the most is going to be the guy that just gets that loose ball. The majority of people who aren't getting the places they want or aren't achieving the things that they want in this business is strictly based on hustle. It's strictly based on being out-worked; it's strictly based on missing crucial opportunities. I say all the time if you stay ready, you ain't gotta get ready.”

― Will Smith

You have it right!

loop2468 said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! METAL FOREVER!!!!!

a static lullaby, emery, the devil wears prada, scary kids scaring kids. ALL OF THAT IS MUSIC  :3

Peregrine said...
Peregrine, Roosterville, Other

I am thoughtful. -Jon Stewart

Yeah man. People with metal heads are indestructible :)

Denverjude BRONZE, Bhopal, Other
horns forever

yes metal will live on a7x for life!!!!!!!!!

vampluv11 GOLD said...
vampluv11 GOLD, Saugerties, New York

Go ask Alice.

YES! from Marilyn Manson to Inhale Exhale, metal will LIVE ON!! :3

EstebanV said...
EstebanV, Burlington, Massachusetts
YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal will always LIVE ON. From Metallica to Bullet for My Valentine, metal has will always rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!