Justin Bieber: Can Good Looks Really Get You Anywhere In This World? | Teen Ink

Justin Bieber: Can Good Looks Really Get You Anywhere In This World?

By Emma99 GOLD, Kamloops, Other
Emma99 GOLD, Kamloops, Other

If somebody surveyed all the teenage girls in Canada and the Usa asking who the fastest growing male singer was, most of them would probably answer Justin Bieber.

Justin is currently 15 years old, born on March 14th, 1994. He was born in Stratford, Ontario. Justin first started singing in 2007, and was discovered Scooter Braun, who quickly became his manager. Justin's manager flew him to Atlanta, Georgia to sing for Usher. When Usher heard him singing he was very impressed. Antonio L.A. Reid at Island Records signed Justin to Island Records in October 2008.

Justin's first single was "One Time", and it quickly grew to the top of the charts.

I myself listened to the song, and although I found it was an okay song, I didn't worship it like lots of other girls I know did.

Wanting to know why this song had done so well, I decided to find out through some people I knew who were absolutly crazy about him.

I talked to twenty girls, aged 12 to 14, and found some similarities in their answers.

When asked why they loved him so much, this was the response I got.

16 of the people said they loved him for his 'killer looks',
2 of the people said they loved him because his singing 'came from his heart',
And the remaining 2 people said the liked him because his looks and singing.

This information pretty much informs us that even if about 80% of your fans only like you because of your looks, you can still make it far in the world.

So, with all this information, you can probably figure it out: Without the good looks, Justin probably wouldn't be quite so far in his singing career.

person said...

"well u r so rude only if u maybe had a voice u would know cause u maybe don't have a voice!"

What? 0_o

malefan said...
No, there are lots and lots of more beautiful boys who post own songs on Youtube. Unfortunately, most of them can´t sing. Sooooo, you must have talent too to get so many hits, sell so many records and attract that large crowds repeatedly. On the other hand, many of the female fans have a crush as well, and praise his "good looks" (whatever he may look like). Love is blind, and so is music.

SillySally42 said...
Honestly, I'm beggining to get sick of Justin Bieber. He thinks that he could get anything he wants because he has "good looks." He needs to stop already

jo+jass said...
i kow, right? i'm so with you on that. i left a comment on itunes, the name is commonbat, check it out sometime. it has my full opinion.

ALlovegreen BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.
-anonymous

I'm with you!!! :)

ALlovegreen BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama

-anonymous

I'm with you!:)

I ADORE Justin Bieber. And yes, his looks are quite a positive plus to him, he really does have talent though. He can REALLY SING! Listen to his acoustic stuff on youtube...the kid has a voice. So no, I don't believe good looks are the only reason he is famous, while they certainly may help, I don't think a lot of his fans just like him for his looks. I saw him in concert and he was amazing live. He is also a TEENAGER and he actually acts like one (flirting, little sayings) so he is more relatable. I could actually see him at my school if he weren't famous. He acts like a teenage boy should and that is very attractive too :).

And seriously, this is true about a lot of people. Jonas Brothers? They have some talent (no judgements please I used to be obessesd and still like them), but they are gorgeous too. And this may sound really shallow, but looks really do play an important role in life no matter what (not just facial beauty but clothing and other appearence factors as well).

In my opinion his songs are way too adorable and so sweet. It makes my lonley heart feel better haha!

I kinda see where your coming from with this, and we are certainly all allowed to have our own tastes and preferences in the music we listen too.

JELLYBELLY said...
WHAT TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JELLYBELLY said...
Please! Miley is lamer than Bieber! Trust me. :[

JELLYBELLY said...
I'm with you Justin Bieber sings like a girl. His hair style is getting old. When I frist heard him I thought he was 9! And girls, get a grip! sorry to burst your bubble s but he is full of himself and ugly.

ALlovegreen BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama

-anonymous

okay i love justin for his looks AND his singing AND his talent AND everything about him! So just because a few shallow fans only like him for his looks does not mean that you need to steoreotype justin and his fans!

livkota said...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYou didnt just say that!!

JeremyHerbert PLATINUM, Fairview Park, Ohio
He sounds like a girl, as so many have already said, and I never realized he's pretty much my age.  He looks like he's 12 for crying out loud.

krazykathleen BRONZE, Edwardsville, Illinois

"7/5 of all people do not understand fractions." -Unknown

Totally agree. In my opinion, he sounds like a girl. :)

ErinCole BRONZE, *******,
I totally agree with this article!! It is also written very well(:

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

TTLY agree

AveryG13 GOLD said...
AveryG13 GOLD, Dexter, Michigan

"The best thing to do with the best things in life, is to give them up to those who have nothing."
- Ambrose Bierce

i know! did u see the article on People that said that "Miley Cyrus engaged!"? it's not true, ofcourse, but that just shows how much she is watched and bothered by the press and paparazzi. in an interview she did with Bazaar, she said that "i'm so glad to be able to get away from Hollywood and all the stress that comes with being a celebrity this summer" cuz she'll be filming a movie.

Emma99 GOLD said...
Emma99 GOLD, Kamloops, Other
I agree. Miley Cyrus is constantly watched. She can't even have a normal, teenage relationship with a guy without having it reported in the magazines.

AveryG13 GOLD said...
AveryG13 GOLD, Dexter, Michigan

- Ambrose Bierce

by break I mean a vacation. she is currently the center of Hollywood rumors and lies.

AveryG13 GOLD said...
AveryG13 GOLD, Dexter, Michigan

- Ambrose Bierce

actually, Paris Hilton deserves hate. Miley Cyrus deserves a break.