I Hear Voices | Teen Ink

I Hear Voices MAG

By BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois
BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois

I don't need a rose. I want a daisy you picked for my hair. I don't want some fancy box of chocolate. I want a pink frosting cookie you made just for me. Lets skip the upscale restaraunt and have a picnic in the park.

I hear voices. That being said, I am not insane nor do I believe in ghosts or spirits.

I just love to listen.

I can hear the music in the deep voice of one of my teachers as he gives his instruction. The pitch of another teacher rises as he tries to make a point over the chattering of students. A wonderfully foreign accent fills the most dry and insipid sciences with explosive flavor. The same voice amuses me to no end as it orders her senior lab-aide about.

The cafeteria is an explosion of sounds and voices. The high-pitched frenzy of a pair of girls fighting, a hushed conversation between lovers, and the general exclamation of people over a poor choice of words can be heard in almost any lunch period. The waterfall of tones and pitches immerses me in a constant stream of sound. Even at my table, not two voices are alike; I will sit and listen, but not just to the words. I listen to the people behind them. It is not what you say, but how you say it that truly makes an impact.

Teachers and lunches aside, chorus is a class of wonders for me. I never can seem to wait for it to come, and when it does, time washes away. On a good day, with a song we enjoy, it is an amazing sound like no other. But oh, on a bad day, all I want to do is bang my head on the piano's ivory keys in frustration at the lack of music we sing. Everything from a heart-wrenching love ballad to a swing version of Santa songs resides in our folders, all with their own feelings that cannot be expressed in mere words and notes. Our voices bring their melodies to life.

Music is so much more than rhythms and pitches. Class is so much more than notes and lectures. Even the simplest conversation is more than a collection of words and meanings.

I hear voices.

Do you?

Dollie <3 said...
This is simply amazing. Im impressed. If only you could hear the music behind my words...

I am really sensitive and have very few friends. Even lesser go to school with me or are my age. I often hear things, things people, at least at my school, wouldnt take the time to hear. Where I live, people are not as open minded as me. It makes me that weird girl. I have never been abel to describe myself or the ways I see things through my writing. There has always been a lack of words or time. You here have summed it up for me. This is part of me. I love it.

You have great talent. There will be times when you have near little or no support or something you write. It happens to me all the time. My parents dont like my writing. I have a lack of motivation beacuse of it.

No matter what, keep writing. Not everyone will like what you write. But this is living proof that you are good. Dont listen to the bad things people say.
I hope you continue writing. You are very good.
Dollie <3

BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois

thanks Healing_Angel, keep listening =]...the world's a pretty cool place

Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

Interesting. I hear music in the rhythums of voices too! I always thought I was the only one!! Great article!

ramnapotter PLATINUM, Toronto, Other

“Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow...”

You hear ; I see . And you know what I see ? A beautiful piece with a wonderful author . Keep that amazing edge and girl , you're going places . (:

dodacrazy said...
I heard the music wait what else am I listening to.

on Jun. 22 2010 at 7:24 am
iluvnacho PLATINUM, Somewhere, Colorado

\"Find the beauty in the ugly\"-Jason Mraz 5-19-10
\"Be kinder than nessicary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.\" Unknown 11-29-10

I agree with LoveHappens! Yuo speak with your soul and please, never lose that! :D

on Jun. 8 2010 at 8:40 am
JennieSmile11 GOLD, Bridgman, Michigan

Dream until your dreams come truth.

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.

Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven

This is beautiful, creative, and honest! I think you were able to potray what many feel, but aren't sure how to express. Wonderful job! =]

LoveHappens PLATINUM, London, Other

"Dream Like You'd Die Tomorrow"

Amazing! You speak from your soul. Not many people do. Never lose that :D

Xx_iHeartCookies_xX, Elmo&#39s World, Pennsylvania

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World" Mahatma Gandhi

Fantastic! iLoved It =]

liy_g BRONZE said...
liy_g BRONZE, Madera, California

"You want to know someone? Heart mind and soul? Ask him to tell you about when he was born. What you get wont be the truth; i will be a story. and nothing is more telling then a story."
-'The Thirteenth Tale'

you words make the sounds come to life in my mind and this give it an almost poetic feel to it.

fantastic.

BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois

Hey thanks!

--BriarRose

Green.Ink BRONZE, Quincy, Illinois
I really like the way this is written, and also the topic. You create a sort of longing to hear what you hear, and I know I'll be listening more closely in school tomorrow.

Very creative.

:]

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

Ohhhhhh!!!!! i see now!!! haha my bad

BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois

yeah...but you forgot vic... i mentioned him too

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

hmm.......mrs. marshall, hardin, patrick as lab-aid :)

BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois

Can you guess the teachers?

later alex,

--BriarRose =]

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

OMG I NEVER READ THIS ONE!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Alex, obviously :)

BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois

Thanks =]

--BriarRose

tatinia said...
tatinia, Chicago, Illinois
i kind of liked it alot