Read the Book! | Teen Ink

Read the Book!

By WriterFighter PLATINUM, Wilsonville, Other
WriterFighter PLATINUM, Wilsonville, Other

*Women and men are very different, but not when it comes down to their heart

From the love, to the action, there are nowadays more books going into production as films. Our favorite actors playing the role of our favorite fictional characters. When we finaly see the movie after reading the book, many of us come out thinking, "Now how come this part(part of the book) in the movie?" When you watch the film, you are being presented the visual part. I suggest reading the novvel other then watchig the film because it goes much more in depth. When they produce the film, they try to keep the general idea of the novel, and sometimes that even means, cutting back on important facts or parts from the novel to fit the production budget. So that does not keep the exact caracteristiques and explanation as the original setting. Reading also gives a great sense of visual art and design. Reading creates a whole new world. Visualisation is also a very important fact when it comes to improving short term and long term memory. Where as the film already has a visual set for you.

This is an oppignion on the difference of books v.s movies, this started as a class article.

Nicole4life said...
Sylvia, I totally agree with you! And WriterFighter, I love the article, it is so true. And when I read the Twilight series I loved it, but then when I saw the movies I was truly not impressed. I thought it didn't have as much passion and love as the books did, and you cannot really recreate that image in movies.

Opinionated GOLD, Brantford, Other

~Change what you can and accept what you cannot change.~
~If you love someone, let them free. If they come back, it's meant to be.~
~Cease refusing to believe that in what you have created.~

I really enjoy watching movies, their very exilirating and can move you easily but I can easily see your point. I like the fact that reading a book can really show you the feelings and thoughts of the person and what they may be doing, it's clearer but I still very much like watching movies. Great, article, you make good points. Check out my stuff. :D

Thanks Sylvia!

Thanks Jillian,

I don't dislike the movie,i just beleive the books are always better. It is nice to know that someone else shares my thought!

Jilian said...
This article is so true! I agree completely, it's always like that though... The whole oh no the movie is better but I love the books because you can actually get into the characters minds and thoughts!

Sylvia BRONZE said...
Sylvia BRONZE, London, Other

"Love thy neighbour"

I TOTALLY agree. I saw "Atonement" a couple of years ago, and thought it was all right, but nothing much beyond that. This year, I have to write my coursework essay on the book. It. Is. Genius. Films can, as you correctly said, only display the basic themes, plot and characterisations. You can't pick up the more subtle motifs, literary techniques and the like. These are the things that can make a novel a masterpiece, and "Atonement" is just that.