The Hunger Games: Book or Film? | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games: Book or Film?

April 4, 2012
By Graybass17 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
Graybass17 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We accept the love we think we deserve"


The Hunger Games! The new movie everyone is craving! This big topic is a real controversy down in the town of Middle School and I would like to point out my opinion on the subject. I for one saw the movie before I read the book so of course I loved the movie. The day after I saw the movie I read the book and fell in love. Now since I went out of order the respect and surprise still goes to the movie but if we are basing our opinions off of details I would have to say the book takes the cake. Now normally every movie made that came from a book leaves out many parts of the story, but not with The Hunger Games! Compare the book to the movie and you see almost every detail represented with few left out. Of course some aren't there and we can debate for hours on what is the most important part but from a positive perspective the movie fairly represents the book. My opinion- they are equal. I like the details in the book and the feel of the movie. I was breathless afterwards! So don't always jump to the conclusion that the book may always be better, cause in this case, it's pretty close!


The author's comments:
Thought this topic is a hot one right now and I got to have a say!