Angry Birds or Disney? | Teen Ink

Angry Birds or Disney?

By gracefulwaters SILVER, Paris, Other
gracefulwaters SILVER, Paris, Other

- Begin doing what you want to do now. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand ... and melting like a snowflake. -- Ray
- Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. -- Chekhov

While Disney is busy making arrangements for their next movie, Frozen, Angry Birds Animations is planning a movie of their own. In 2016, a movie based on the smartphone game Angry Birds will come out to theaters.

Angry Birds Animations just may rival Disney with their first movie. The only problem? Angry Birds may be forgotten by the time the movie comes out in three years. But the company has a solution. They are producing a large amount of Angry Birds related merchandise. The Angry Birds Land will soon open in Shanghai. There are already two other theme parks in the world dedicated to Angry Birds; one in Finland, and another in Britain.

While Angry Birds Animations needs to worry about exiting the public eye, Disney has nothing to worry about. There is nothing tangible to remember of Disney, but no one can ever forget the classic stories that Disney made as movies: Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Snow White. Though Disney may not fear being forgotten, they may soon run out of fairy tales from which to make movies. Additionally, if they continue making movies that aren’t fairy tales, they may lose their reputation as the company that makes fairy tale movies.

Both Angry Birds Animations and Disney definitely have things to worry about, but when it comes to choosing who will be the one to win this battle of the movie making studios, there is no right answer. The question needs to be rephrased. What so you think? What do you like better? Angry Birds or Disney?

ceceliajsavoy BRONZE, Tadley, Other

'We are just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year. Running over the same old ground, what have we found? The same old fear; wish you were here' - Pink Floyd

"

Good point but isn't the way disney is getting round running out of fairytales is to make new and improved versions of them? Like the new Cinderella. Or they just jam loads together as in 'Into the woods'.

gracefulwaters SILVER, Paris, Other

@Turbo223 Hey Brendan. I'm Anna. I'm not exactly new here, but I just started using this website for my own writing, not just school writing, this year. I don't really know any people here, so I'd love to talk to you, too. For now, I'll just read some of your stuff. :)

Turbo223 SILVER, Lancaster, Wisconsin

Is there a way to escape something unescapable?

Well,I like both equally, but I like Disney. My name is Brendan, by the way. :) I am a fairly new person here, but I think you are a great writer of both poetry and fiction! I hope we can talk sometime, you seem really nice.