what happened to music?!?! | Teen Ink

what happened to music?!?!

By SmittyrSam BRONZE, Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania
SmittyrSam BRONZE, Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania

“Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.” -john lennon

I know many adolescents today are attracted to the techno, pop, rap music that the industries keep shoving down their throats. Its easy to be attracted to such simple minded repetitive music. I find myself hating my own generation for the fact that most dress like street walkers and talk in shortened slurs. Like "omg," and "my bff jill." I simply can not stand it. Music today influences to treat women foully, take drugs, and party. For example YOLO: you only live once?? No, you live everyday, you die once. I wish such music did not influence such negitive affects on todays youth. Growing up in the 50's or 60's would be such a pleasure. Women respected themselves, teenagers were still innocent. The music of those era's was just fantastic. If only today we had the Beatles's and the Eagles, unfortunately we only have Mr. Justin Beiber and all the other train wrecks. All I have to say is "Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today" -john lennon. A genious of his time.

Every Monday through Friday I walk into a wasteland filled with half dressed zombies causing arthritis to themselves by texting their friend whom is right next to them. I hear fast speaking curse words with a horrible beat box tone. I wish I knew how to abolish the right for the students to have their Ipods and cellphones. Would it kill people to have a real person to person conversation? I felt I had to express my opinion, someone, somewhere must agree??

on Jun. 10 2013 at 10:02 am
Alleenstaande BRONZE, Newfoundland, Pennsylvania

"Life is too short to be serious all the time." -My sister, Annie Krause

It is very true that music now-a-days is nothing close to the meaningful songs of the past generation. Beautiful point.