Residual Kid- Rock & Rolls Newest Faces | Teen Ink

Residual Kid- Rock & Rolls Newest Faces

December 3, 2014
By CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
24 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
" When you Grow Up, Your Heart Dies."- Ally Sheedy ( The Breakfast Club, 1985)

“And in the end, we were all just humans.. drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.”

"Groovy Like a Drive In movie"


They are the band your mother warned you about, no really, It says so on their youtube page.

Residual Kid is an up and coming Rock band from Austin, Texas. According to “Huffington Post”, They might just be the band to “Take Over Rock music.”

Honestly, I couldn't agree more.

Upon hearing their song original song “ Friend.” and their cover of sonic youth's “100%” I knew that these three Teenage boys have an Unbelievable talent, They have that grungy rock sound. Some even say that Residual kid will be the band to bring Grunge back to its glory. (That would be awesome, by the way.)

Its amazing that these boys, Who are My age and younger are all ready touring across the country and playing in clubs like Austin's “Good Music Club.”

Residual kid Consist of 16 year old Guitarist and singer Deven Ivy, 16 year old drummer Ben Redman and his 14 year old Brother Max, the band's Bassist .

When you listen to some of their songs, You forget their age and you focus on the music. You can't help but bobbing your head to the Drum beats and guitar riffs. Then when the music fades and the sounds are still lingering in your ears, you're going to hit that repeat button so fast. 

They are Young, Talented, Loud and full of that Rock & Roll spirit. 

Residual Kid is on a roller coaster that just keeps going up.

Recently they have signed with SIRE / Warner Brothers Records, We should be expecting an album sometime next year. Until then Check out their Ep, Faces. It wouldn't hurt to visit their Official website either, There you will find more original songs and amazing Covers, show dates and Merch.

Prepare to have your faith in music restored, Residual Kid is here, and they're here to stay.