Culminating Events and Products | Teen Ink

Culminating Events and Products

By mvoorhees45 BRONZE, Lowell, Indiana
mvoorhees45 BRONZE, Lowell, Indiana

The reason why dystopian literature is rising in popularity today is because some people imagine that some of these stories and movies are actually what the future will be like. This also makes people think that this is how our world is going to end up so it scares them and it makes them think about it more and ultimately become more interested in the topic. All of these are reasons why dystopian literature is growing in popularity. Some people think of futures and dystopian communities like this as doomsday.

In the story “Harrison Bergeron”, people can feel relation to this story because of the futuristic setting.

Some people are learning about dystopian elements in class like us. This for some students can lead to them finding an interest in the topic. Once they get interested they could maybe tell friend or family and they get hooked and then maybe they could recommend it to other people. It’s all a big chain and all of this can lead to dystopian literature growing in popularity. There are certain part of dystopian literature that could get people more interested than others. For example from “Ten with a Flag”, there was a part where Johnnie said, “I just want to talk to you without a speaker”. The reason why this could be interesting is because people don’t like being watched and that is exactly what is happening in this story, they are under constant surveillance. This is an interesting part of the story so this could get the attention of people better rather than a slow part of the story. Most of the story has interesting parts that can keep people interested. This is another reason why I think dystopian literature is growing in popularity.

For example in “The Veldt” it said, “This house clothes, feeds, sings, and even rocks them to sleep”.

There may be advertisements online that could get people's attention and this could make them interested in dystopian literature. So even the simplest things like ads on games or videos could get tons of people hooked on dystopian literature. Also, YouTube is where most everybody watches videos. Every day there are one billion views on YouTube per day. So this gives plenty of opportunities for dystopian literature to be advertised and also that uch more people could potentially become interested in the topic.