I need a break from social media | Teen Ink

I need a break from social media

May 22, 2020
By teen1234 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
teen1234 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When I wasn't in school, I would spend most of my time on social media. Everyday after school, I would spend hours on social media before I even start on my homework. But, since quarantine, I realize social media is not the most important thing in the world. Tik tok is becoming a toxic app where people are just bringing each other down. It’s like people can’t post whatever they want without getting made fun of. It’s showing you that you have to be “pretty”. There is nothing new on instagram. For snapchat, it feels like a chore to open any snaps. I don't really care about streaks anymore. During quarantine, I am only on my phone because I realize there is nothing more for me to really do during this time. I spend most of my time doing homework, spending time with my family, coloring, tanning outside, and so on. I only really use social media to communicate with my friends since I can't really see them at the moment. After it is safe to go and hang out with my friends, I am definitely going to live in the moment and stop worrying about social media. I am going to live in the moment. Social media isn't everything, and I think I know that now. I learned to not take things for granted, and that is actually what I did. I need to stop worrying about what is on my phone and start being in the present and start enjoying the little things.