Social Networking Sites | Teen Ink

Social Networking Sites

January 17, 2010
By dan_wills07 SILVER, Fort Wayne, Indiana
dan_wills07 SILVER, Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live Life to the Fullest


MySpace is where everyone is using the site for dating, making friends and networking. MySpace can be used for good purpose or bad purpose. It is more addictive and especially teens use it more. Posting pictures and comment is what get people who use MySpace in trouble. You need to watch what you do on there because millions of people are viewing your profile every day.

Yahoo is my favorite site and I check my email every day. I also send pictures and send messages to my friends. I use Yahoo Messenger to make new friends. You can use webcam and chat over IM. It is hands on experience and you stay in touch.

I know no one use Twitter. Twitter is short and you talk about randon gossip. You follow people and read their tweets. Twitter gives you space to say what is on your mind. They give you 140 characters to speak your mind.

Facebook is very fun and you make a lot of connections among the people you already know or never met before. It is important to network and it helps me a lot. I love how people read and like your status on Facebook. Facebook also let you find your own family and build a family tree on this site Family Link. You can stay better connected with friends and family.

Social networking sites are a way of meeting new faces. You don't want to expose too much about yourself. Don't hack anyone or be in their business. A person wants to get to know you and see you are respectful. The internet has provided us with talking to others.

The author's comments:
What inspired me to write this piece of writing is I love the internet and I wanted to share what is so great about. You can talk, write emails and messages and stay connected with individuals you meet over the internet. What I hope people will learn is you can use sites on the internet for good purposes or bad purposes. It all depends on if you meet that individual. The internet is the best tool to communicate with people on your own time.