What Does Money Well Spent Mean? | Teen Ink

What Does Money Well Spent Mean?

June 4, 2014
By Anonymous

I think that money well spent is somebody getting money and spending it on the right things. Many people who get free money take advantage and buy unnecessary things or items with the money. I would rather save money than spend it on unnecessary items I don't need. For example on the tv show called,“Extreme Couponing”they buy all this food and end up wasting it because it sit for years, months, and days down in their basements. So they are wasting money and food, which could have been saved.

Same for famous people that have reality shows on TV. I watched this one reality tv show it was called the “Braxton’s Family” and the sister was getting ready to move to her new house. She had six closets, and she had the whole closet filled with shoes. For example, boots, casual shoes, heels, sandals , flip flops and a pair of shoes that was $1,000. To me thats unnecessary, why can't you just save that money. Plus I can see that’s she’s a singing star and gets payed a lot of money but that’s not money well spent, it influence other people who are not stars to spend money like their stars.

My math teacher even told us a story about saving money when we turn a certain age. He said when we grow up and get a great well paid job, to start putting $1,000 in our bank accounts each paycheck we get. Keep doing that until you can afford it and about time you reach a certain age you will become a millionaire. Everybody was surprised about how much money you will earn, when you turn a certain age and keep saving.

Everybody loves money and if we stop buying things that we don't need, many more people can earn money and buy things that they really need. Like the poor people and the ones who are struggling out here. We should all come together and help one another to teach a lot of people and famous stars too. To not spend money on a unnecessary item and to save money.