See the Bigger Picture | Teen Ink

See the Bigger Picture

January 23, 2019
By jalel-jennings BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
jalel-jennings BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Going to school is the right thing to do when you want to have a great future and live successful life.  What about not going to school? What bout getting paid the same for someone with a highschool diploma and someone with a degree in that subject. Just because that person decided to pay for school after they fact be we both have around the same skills and mindset. I know some things you just absolutely need to do extra school for but what about the things you don't need a to noch degree for.

When getting a job i think they should take a  look at the bigger picture. Pick someone with the same skills as the next but without a degree. I bet you they will get the job done still but i also bet they would get paid less just for the fact there is no degree. Now why is that? Why can't everything be equal.

In the world there are countless limits to what you can do. The real limit is college, it take more time out of your life some good and uplifting and the rest is left to be figured out. You can't just put a job offer on the table but as soon as you see something you don't like you just “can't” hire them anymore. There are people who need to provide for their children and are willing and able to adjust just to put food on the table. Yet they are still over looked for someone with less skill but have a degree.

Take cooking for instant, you don't need school for that. Honestly you can look up all the fancy words you need to know and study them. Cooking is about passion and taste. Why should it matter if you have a degree to get paid just as much and your food taste just as good maybe even better then that person that does have a degree.

If you were to really look and think about it there's just so many people out here with the potential to have a good job and not depend on the government for things if they were just looked or evaluated the same as someone with “higher class” because attending college was an option for them not saying it's not but some people don't get the same opportunities.