This Is What I Believe In | Teen Ink

This Is What I Believe In

May 15, 2019
By williemedero123 BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona
williemedero123 BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There is a time I have to move to a different state or a different school and there is always a time where I get those kids that move and do not know anyone. Some people may have to move more than other but most of the time everyone moves and it is a new life. The time I moved across the united states was first okay you get to miss like a week of school and you also start to see what is life is like outside your state. I moved from the pa to az it was a 3 day car ride we stopped in Ohio, New Mexico, and Kansas. On the road here there was so many nice things to see but I didn’t really see them because I was sleeping half the time. It was the most longest trip I have ever taken but when we got here to Arizona we felt relief. There is a lot of things going through my mind when I get here. Some of the thoughts of moving out here was making friends or getting lost in school and having no friends to hang out with.

When I moved out here there was a lot of things i had to get used to and one of the things was the weather. The weather was so much more different than it was in pennsylvania it was snowing when i left and when I came down here it was like 100 degrees. Another thing that was on my mind was having no friends. There was lot of nice and friendly people in this state but there wasn’t anyone like me. When I came to school for month last year i feel like there was not enough time to be anyone’s best friend so I kept to myself. When I came back to the school has a junior I made a promised to make at least 5 friends and now that is the end of the year I have so many more friends. I set my mind to some and I did it.

There is a lot of things that ran through my mind when I came out here there was so many nice people but no one was super nice like no one talked to me but now I have so many new friends. Now everyone is so much more nicer than there was last year.


The author's comments:

This is what I went through when I moved to a different state.