Uniforms? | Teen Ink

Uniforms?

I think all schools should wear uniforms. Some kids don’t have enough money to afford nice cloths and they get make fun of and criticized for that. Everyone will look the same so there won’t be any distractions or anybody being an outcast. Schools won’t have to deal with low shirts, short skirts, sagging pants, or inappropriate logos. Some kids will be more comfortable with going to school if they don’t have to worry about what people are going to say about them and in they feel that they fit in. I think if everyone wore the same uniforms kids would spend more time worrying about their education rather than worrying about what the other is wearing and who looks better.

synx said...
Okay while I do agree with some of your points, if you force mandatorty uniforms for all schools then you'll just be opening another can of worms, so to speak. While schools will no longer have to deal with such dress code violations that you listed, introducing uniforms will create a sense of elitism. Take Japan for example. In Japan your status in society is based on what school you go to (sad but true), so while you will eliminate, well I don't know exactly how to say it but sterotyping by appearance, people will instead be judged on what kind of school uniform they wear. And yeah I don't make much sense so ignore this if you want.

Oh one more thing, schools are too cheap to buy uniforms for everyone.